When a man cooks a meal for a woman is he really trying to impress you?
Dating / 1:09 AM - Sunday June 26, 2011

I have been going out with a great guy the first date he took me hiking, we ate lunch and we went to his place and he cooked me an amazing dinner and didnt let me help clean up he brought me the food and didnt even make a move that night :) we have been going out ever since, it was so sweet of him to cook after our hiking and lunch date he made the best dinner ever without trying to put the moves on me...what do you think about a guy cooking dinner does he really like the gal???

- Asked by A Thinker, Female, 29-35, Other Profession

Of course he likes you. He's trying to impress you with his mad cooking skills and is a gentleman for not trying to get you right away. He's doing things with you, putting effort in the relationship, those are tell tale signs that he likes you:) Put the moves on him if you need that.

- Response by tigerlilyy26, A Thinker, Female, 22-25

Being really serious... I think it is just cheaper than taking her out to a restaurant.

So, I would give this gesture no extra weight. He might do this often and it might very well, be a budget issue.

I have men friends that do this for some of their dates; for the reason I sited. They do not want to dump a lot of money on someone they do not yet know how they feel.

Actually it makes a lot of sense to me. It provides better quiet time for serious conversation and truly getting to know a person on a deeper level, before you make the decision to take them out again. Dating is expensive. That is just a practical matter that most men deal with more and more seriously, especially in this economy.

Smart operator this guy, He is using my main game, Doug

Not necessarily, but it's definitely a good sign. And an impressive thing for a guy to do - especially if they do the dishes too AND have no ulterior motive. That's hot. :)

I love home entertainment over going out...cooking cleaning preparing..do it for anybody..just me..but if he keeps doing it for you...then he enjoys you..period.

- Response by hwyrider, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 56-65, Retired

Well...I never cook for people I detest.

Take my word for it....he likes you.

- Response by drumboi2, A Guy Critical, Male, 56-65

When you're done, send him over...I'd be thrilled to have someone cook for me and not have to clean up. and not put the moves on for payment. He's a keeper. He had to BUY the groceries, didn't he?

I think he is trying to impress you. He at least enjoys your company and wants to spend time with you. So, he likes you. The fact that he didn't put the moves on you and he cleaned up after himself, I think shows that he is trying to make a good impression on you. I say continue watching what he does, and how he acts around you and you will begin to know how he feels about you.

- Response by iamboo2, A Thinker, Female, 46-55, Charlotte, Therapist

Eating a meal together is the 'second' most intimate thing between two people.
In this cased... Hell Yes, he's crazy about the woman !!
He's showing her his best stuff outside the bed !!

- Response by carnivaljoe, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 66 or older

Maybe he loves food and to cook and wants to share his passion with you.

- Response by italianbombshell, A Hippie Chick, Female, 22-25, Los Angeles, Who Cares?

Ahh it is the sweetest thing in the world. Yeah he is trying to impress you. The first time my man cooked for us, it wasn't anything complicated but it could of been a burnt cheeseburger and I would ate it all because he made it.

- Response by debski, A Career Woman, Female, 36-45, Detroit, Science / Engineering

It is possible. You'll know if as time goes on he stops doing it occasionally. Right now, just enjoy that you have a great guy that enjoy you enough to desire to do this for you. Enjoy taking the time to truly get to know him. As time goes on you'll know if how he is now, is truly who he is. Or, if it was just meant to impress you, after he does begin to put the moves on you. It's normal for that to occur eventually.

What wouldn't be normal is after he does, depending on the outcome, his behavior then changes. If it doesn't no matter what, you'll know he's sincerely that type of man. But, make sure you give it time, before you bring sex into the picture. IJS

I like to cook. and it is sometimes more expensive for me to cook than to just take a girl out.

plus, my cooking is not available in resturants in my area.

and I do not cook for just anyone... assuming this guy is the same... i would say that he likes you.

- Response by kungfudewd, A Career Man, Male, 36-45, Who Cares?

haha I cooked to the girls I dated before, mostly due to the fact I was broke as a mofo. BUT! In your case it does seem like he is genuinely attempting to impress you. So either he likes you, was raised in a all women house (mother+ older sisters), or he is......a ....nice guy...but it does seem like he does like you.

- Response by geropac, A Career Man, Male, 22-25, Internet / New Media

So maybe I can break it all down for you'
1. he likes YOU!
2. He's been around the block a few times he's not interested in jumpin in the sack because he doesn't want just another woman in his bed! He's probably tired of that crap!
3. He might be interviewing you for a long term role in his life.

I wouldn't put forth the effort unless I really liked the woman. cooking cleaning he wanted to do it. Most of us guys who have lived on our own for any amount of time can cook! Don't believe the crap we can't your fooling yourself with those thoughts we just don't make a big deal about it. Just a random thought about it.

- Response by imtheguy45, A Guy Critical, Male, 46-55, New York