At what age do you think is "too late" to start college from scratch for a career change?
Career / 11:53 PM - Saturday June 11, 2011

For an actual career, not to merely get an education. At what age, realistically? Let's say, going to school for a span of 5-10 years while working full time. Once graduated, starting off at the lowest pay/no experience, etc. Or is it not worth changing careers at a certain age?

Thanks for your opinion!

- Asked by Female, Who Cares?

As soon as I started making more money in my current job than what I would get from a job in my new career ... Probably around 29 or so.

- Response by A Guy Critical, Male, 36-45, Seattle, Technical

50. If you take 10 years because of work, you'll be 60 starting at the lowest salary. It takes a couple years at least to get a raise. You're 62. In a few more years you'll retire.

School, tuition, time, and all the expense for less than 5 years of higher pay/better career? I think age 50 is the limit.

- Response by An Alternative Girl, Female, Who Cares?

The learning process is ageless.
Increasing knowledge has no age.
Wanting to better yourself ...ageless...
Go for it!

It is never too late to go back to school. The economy sucks right now I am in school right now and there are people in my classes that are 50+. My biology professor is going back to school. There is no age do what is best for you because the people with the good degrees are the only ones getting any work right now. I don't know your age but I say go for your dreams its never too late to start over. Good Luck!

- Response by star9903, A Trendsetter, Female, 29-35, San Antonio, Student

None.

- Response by int24h, A Career Man, Male, 36-45, Alternative Medicine

It's never too late. It's BEST if you don't have dependents or a spouse, but it's still possible.
I'm 30 and I switched careers and haven't been happier. I don't have dependents though....

You need to do what makes YOU happy. Figure out if it's all worth it, and figure out what the most feasible, economical plan for you to do this is.

- Response by A Trendsetter, Female, 29-35, Who Cares?

Trite but true answer: You only live once, please yourself

- Response by wallvis, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 66 or older, Retired

It's never too late.You just have top have the guts to do it.