Does he really want to be with me? or am i wasting my time?
Dating / 2:18 AM - Friday June 10, 2011

We have been messing around for a while now. I spend the night and we stay up and talk for hours. We flirt, kiss, sex, everything! His friends even call me his girl! but every time i ask what we are he keeps saying he doesnt want a label, he isnt ready for anything serious, but if he did want one it would be with me. The other night i brought it up again and he said that if he really wanted one he would go back to his ex fiance.... i didnt say anything after that. He keeps flirting with me and ive stopped kissing and having sex with him. It hurts that he is doing this but i dont know if he is a lost cause or not.... help? (Ps we have a lot in common, hes friends all like me, he takes me usually to group things, and tells me that he does like me.)

It's good you've stopped having sex with him. But you have to walk away completely. He has a choice then to make, he either gets serious with you, gives you the label, or you are gone forever! It's rare, but once in a blue moon, it takes losing someone for them to realize they truly wanted that person. Besides that, it's just someone who's probably keeping you around until someone better comes along. Please trust me, I've totally been there! And I got my heart destroyed! And don't attempt the just friends thing, it'll never work. I tried that and it blew up so badly, we haven't spoken in well over a year and he won't even acknowledge my existance when we've been in the same room, literally a few feet apart. Do it now before it gets worse!

- Response by wende13, A Creative, Female, 36-45, Buffalo, Administrative

The thing is.. Men who come out of a crazy relationship are not ready to jump into one again. You think they don't need time? They do!! They are just like woman who have a lot of love and when that love,trust and patience is been messed with well the wall comes up and that's when you met him and he is still in that stage where he is comfortable in. I would tell you to try and play by his rules but it will end up hurt you. I would suggest to do the independent woman act!! You don't pick up when he calls you call him later muchhhhh later, You dont meet him, he meets you so basic inverse the roles. Should work out good. xoxo

- Response by djannita, A Thinker, Female, 29-35, Montreal

He is not lying. He does LIKE you.

That is all. He never lied to you. And, you have continued to give it up, without any commitment from him.

You will never get one from HIM.

There is a big difference between loving some one and likeing them.He has made it clear his ex would come first not you.That would turn me cold to him.