Why do guys text hey, but then not respond back after you've responded? whats the point?
Dating / 7:37 AM - Thursday June 09, 2011

why do guys text hey, but then not respond back after you've responded? whats the point?

Update: June 09, 2011.
So the consensus is he's either an immature boy, or that he just wants to let me know "he's thinking of me" what ever the reason I am the wrong person to play this little game with and more than anything I find this extremely annoying. If he keeps sending me these "I'm thinking of you" messages he will soon learn that he is the furthest thing from my mind thank's for all my responses

- Asked by avaloren54, A Career Woman, Female, 22-25, Student

Texting is like "two people on both sides of a door"....unable to communicate and playing silly games of texting and phone tag. Games people play, since the invention of texting....

What happen to the good ole days, of seeing one another face to face? A dinner for two, a movie in the evening, dancing until 2 in the morning, breakfast afterwards?

Maybe you'll find a "man" who will cherish you like no other, rather than a "boy" who wishes to string you along. There's someone who is serious about you. You just have to hang onto this person, whenever they come along, and you'll know just how serious a man can be....

- Response by richard77, A Creative, Male, Who Cares?

Because seemingly, the guys that are texting you are lame...

- Response by syncaset, A Creative, Male, 46-55, Dallas, Artist / Musician / Writer

What's the point of texting 'hey'? If that's the extent of his message, why even respond?

- Response by stillagoodguy1, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 56-65, Political / Government

Who knows...why do men do half of the stuff they do? Men are from Mars and women are from Venus!

- Response by msgg, A Creative, Female, 36-45, Managerial

They just want to see if you jump to answer.

- Response by frenchkiss49, A Thinker, Female, 66 or older, Tampa, Who Cares?

I guess it's a form of saying Hi how are you what's up but to not respond after you've responded is rude. I'd ignore him

He's just making sure that he's on your mind one way or the other :oP

Guys generally aren't great text fans, it's just to touch base and let you know he thought of you :o)

- Response by cam80, A Career Woman, Female, 29-35

Its acknowledgement to let you know you were on there mind at the time... well atleast for me Ill text hello or hey or good afternoon and thats it just to point out they were on my mind at that specific time :-)

- Response by MYSTERYLADY22, A Creative, Female, 29-35, Pittsburgh, Lawyer