Why do guys act like they're sooo interested in you and then stop the communication?
Friendship / 3:08 PM - Friday May 27, 2011

I ran into an old guy friend from college. I never thought that he wanted to be more than friends, and I never sent him signals that I wanted more. We text on and off. After running into him. He said that we could hang out since we both were back in town. We texted for about two days, and now I haven't heard from him. I don't understand. Why do guys act like they're sooo interested in you and then stop the communication?

YES THATS EXACTLY what happening to me right now he text oen day and 10 not! i mean all i can say that hes not interested and he have other girls ...

- Response by norafreebird, A Player, Female, 22-25, Fashion

It's all about games. They like someone who is a conquest and then once they know your interested they move on.. It's all the kill of the hunt.. Ignoring them is a great lour.. Try it!

- Response by fabulous68, A Life of the Party, Female, 46-55, Sacramento, Home Maker

If a guy asked you to *hang out* then he is not serious. He must ask you out in order want to spend quality time with you.

That is why you don't hear from him.

Next time, when he or another dude ask you to hang out, tell them " I don't think so" and let them step up the plate if they want to date you

Do not call/text him and understand that is a normal action of a coward guy.

- Response by azianchemistry, A Player, Female, 46-55, San Francisco, Who Cares?

Maybe he wasn't that interested? What is your measure for interest-2 days of normal texting or were the texts particularly friendly, flirty and making future plans? It could be that he found out something which was a deal-breaker for him.

But it could also be that he has a relationship and was just checking you out as a potential 'side' piece. Sometimes when Guys come on strong then back off as suddenly it's because they're in a relationship and can't continue with the communication without getting busted.

other things pop up and they get busy and distracted

maybe he figured out that you wouldn't be an easy lay so he moved on to the next girl to try to get in Her pants instead.....

- Response by istaywired, An Alternative Girl, Female, 46-55, Political / Government

That pretty much sounds like he's fishing. He throws the bait out there and waits for you to bite. If you don't bite he moves elsewhere.

- Response by frebetacalish, A Guy Critical, Male, 22-25