Why do I sleep so long on days which I have no obligations?
Diet & Health / 9:05 PM - Tuesday May 17, 2011

So on days where I NEED(work, appointments, class, meeting someone, etc) to be somewhere at a certain time, I am up and out of bed and always an early bird regardless of how tired I feel. However on days where I have no important obligations I cannot get out of bed. I know obviously this must sound pyschological?

Yet for example today I wanted to go for a run and go grocery shopping, maybe go to the laundry mat, but instead I just went back to sleep when my alarm went off at 6, then when I awoke at 11, I was still like f**k it, and then I literally slept until 5pm Pacific time, so yeah I just woke up and literally slept 20 hours.

This always happens on days where I have no rock solid obligations. It is making me weak, lazy, depressed, and just plainly very upset. I eat very healthy so it is not my diet who is the culpirt since on other days I can function fine.

- Asked by A Thinker, Female, Who Cares?

Most likely you have depression. You seem to have several key symptoms, one of which is needing outside things to motivate you and get you moving. Excess sleep is one of the first signs of depression and you have that. You should see a Dr.

- Response by semperfi73, A Career Woman, Female, 36-45, Cincinnati, Executive

You are relaxed D

Wow, maybe you're feeling down or the weather or the stress is getting to you on your days off. I usually don't do much on Thursdays and I have a very hard time getting out of the house that day, though I should run my errands.

When you're tired, your tired. The bed be feeling so good, you just can't get enough! Nothing wrong with that! Get your rest!!! :-)

- Response by syncaset, A Creative, Male, 46-55, Dallas, Artist / Musician / Writer