I'm 39 years old how do i dress to look my age
Style & Beauty / 11:18 AM - Monday May 16, 2011

I have been getting comments the last 2 weeks on how young i look how can i update to look more my age

Oh please, what's wrong with looking young for your age, especially at 39 ?!?
Why in the last two weeks??
As long as you are not dressing like a teen--which would make you look stupid.....enjoy the comments. :)

- Response by bobbysg1rl, A Cool Mom, Female, 36-45, Pittsburgh, Medical / Dental

damn i wish someone would tell me that!!! good for you

- Response by imissit, A Sweet Sarah, Female, 66 or older, Who Cares?

Start shopping at stores that:
1. Don't have a kiddie department;
2. Sales folk aren't in HS or college; and
3. Have a men's section that offers 3 piece suits

- Response by inotnuts, A Father Figure, Male, 36-45, Newark, Retired

Ann Taylor has a nice selection of clothing..

- Response by deerock1980, A Married Girl, Female, 29-35, Newark, Administrative

I try to stick to the classics. Well-cut, neutral-coloured clothing. A simple sheath dress, instead of ruffles. Hemlines an inch below the knee. Ballet-flats instead of heels. Boyfriend jeans instead of low-rise. Good leather shoes and bags. There's lots of ways to look good and fashionable.

Oh, yes. And, if you walk into a store and the music they're playing makes you cring... don't shop there!

(PS: to the youth, who think "looking younger" is a compliment, well I guess you'll find out!!!)

Do like my ex did all she would wear was a mans long sleeve shirt or a faded out old T-shirt, and blue jeans. She always looked like crap. One of our daughters just Graduated from Collage, and that was what she had on. It is hard to be proud of someone that dresses like crap. I would say you dress just fine, but I suppose you have your reason to want to dress a little older for yourself.

- Response by A Creative, Male, 56-65, Transportation

are they saying you're dressing too young, trying to look like a teenager or that you look young?
if you're dressing like a teen, then please stop shopping where teenagers shop and/or stop wearing your teens clothes.
if they are saying you look young for your age, hey take it as a compliment, that's great.

- Response by girlpower08, A Sportif, Female, 36-45

Dress how you want. Act how you want. Be who you want to be. And enjoy looking as young as you can for as long as you can. A few weeks ago I walked into a gas station and the woman behind the counter told me I look twelve. When I told her I'm about to turn 21 she laughed and said I should stop putting pink streaks in my hair. I told her if I did that I wouldn't be me anymore. Enjoy who you are, and stop worrying so much about what other people think.

I think if people are saying you look young for your age enjoy it unless you want to look more business like. I say if you got it just enjoy it as long as it is in good taste

Buy a black umbrella

show more cleavage

- Response by strongbow, A Jock, Male, 29-35, Who Cares?

Easiest way to dress your age is buy cloths from the stores that are catered for your age and/or use their clothing styles as indicators of what you should be wearing. Stores for women in their 40s? the Gap, the Loft, Macys (Style & co department), JCPennys womens department, Lands end, LL Bean, etc.

- Response by drenchedinpinksweet6677, A Trendsetter, Female, 29-35

Ann taylor, lord and taylor are great places to look.
gap for shorts and t-shirts.