How do you motivate yourself to do laundry, dishes, and other house chores?
House & Home / 4:59 AM - Monday May 16, 2011

I want to find a way to make it fun somehow. Listening to music just isn't enough. Anyone have any ideas of things you do, or perspectives you have about tidying up that help inspire you to want to do it?

I always seem to put it off unless I know I have a guest coming and I want to be more clean.

Thanks guys!

- Asked by funkymonkeygirl, A Career Woman, Female, 29-35, Who Cares?

I usualy pretend that I'm at war or in a fight with the dishes and the laundry. I enjoy kicking their asses. Oh and the garbage! The three of them just keep on bothering me until the time has come where I have to take it upon myself to show them who is boss. By the time I'm done they are no longer a threat to me and even though I know that they will come back another day I too will be there to go another round. Anyway thats my game.

- Response by steve32223, A Mr. Married Guy, Male, 36-45, Transportation

Invite your friends over for a CLEANING PARTY!!!!

I'm not sure why you posted this twice, but I'm still going to recommend that you visit flylady.net.

She has an entire philosophy that I can't reproduce here, but some of her little sayings will give you an insight into her ideas:

"You're not behind, jump in where you are."
"You can do anything for 15 minutes."
"Progress, not perfection."

She will help you set up routines, especially for morning and evening, that will make it seem as if your house is running on its own. Seriously! She has made a difference in hundreds of thousands of lives. Read some of the testimonials. Give it a try. Do some of the babysteps. It can't hurt. :)

- Response by carinabay, A Cool Mom, Female, 46-55, Lawyer

I am a man but my answer to rotten jobs is to divide them then do a little at a time Doug

have a friend invited more often

- Response by cutefish, A Career Woman, Female, 26-28, Teaching