Why do women dress slutty, are they setting themselves up?
Sex & Intimacy / 8:37 AM - Tuesday May 10, 2011

I was watching a heated debate on television last night, the debate was about women who dress slutty / provocatively, and the unwanted attention they get from men and that they are putting themselves at risk of being rape, we live in a society where we cant tell someone what to wear but i totally agree, women put themselves in this situation [ i can only speak for myself i have seen been around women who dress slutty and find myself having a raging erection and thats one reason i dont go to beaches, to many women sitting, kneeling, laying in ackward positions, BUT I WOULD NEVER RAPE a woman ] now i cant speak for the other guy, when i see a woman dress slutty heres what i think.
[1] she,s advertizing prostitution
[2] she,s looking for attention
[3] she,s asking for trouble [ rape ]
[4] she,s a cock teaser
Now there were two women debating this topic, one was married and the other was single, so what do you think of how women should dress.

- Asked by steady4rhyne, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 46-55, Self-Employed

Where have you been all your life? RAPE is NOT about sex!!!
Ever hear of some elderly lady being raped? It happens. It is strictly about rage, power, control and vengence.

Some women just don't happen to have any taste when it comes to clothes and fashion.

I've been buying my clothes at Good Will too-I don't think I dress too much homeless.

- Response by movi, A Guy Critical, Male, 46-55, Administrative

I don't think she's looking to be raped, nor is necessarily a hooker. I think 2 and 4 are good options. But dressing slutty opens you up to crime, just like walking around with $100 bills sticking out of your pocket.

- Response by inotnuts, A Father Figure, Male, 36-45, Newark, Retired

I think they look great and wish it was summer all year. :) Shit, dude, enjoy it, this isn't Afghanistan.

- Response by sirpsychosexy13, A Guy Critical, Male, 36-45, Atlanta, Who Cares?

If you portray yourself as a slut, you'll get treated like one and not just by men!

Women who dress provocatively do so because they crave attention and as we all know, along with the good comes the bad. If you don't want to be viewed like a piece of meat then don't put yourself out there like a day old piece of shriveled up bologna on a party tray! Unfortunately we live in a society with a bunch of sickos who don't understand boundries so in a certain sense, these women are setting themselves up for bad things to happen. It shouldn't be that way but it is what it is and women know this.

again we have the well she asked for it debate...
we have forgotten the golden rule... of "do unto others as you would have them do unto you"..... we have the she asked for it... i mean she didn't actually speak the words "rape me"... but the way she dressed.... in truth you are going by what in your mind and how you think is slutty dress....
so your defense to raping a woman is that i thought the way she was dressed signaled to me that she wanted to be raped.... good argument!!!!

thats right along with well men can't help raping a woman if they see her walking around dressed like that because mean can't control themselves... bad dog....

- Response by coco, A Hippie Chick, Female, 46-55, Charlotte, Technical

Im just glad they do

sigh. Now ask yourself, why does This Society we all live in PUSH, PUSH, PUSH little girls into thinking that dressing 'slutty' is the way it should be?

Do you have daughters, granddaughters? Do you have any comprehension of the PRESSURE put onto young girls to LOOK LIKE SLUTS? It's effing EVERYWHERE----and girls are trussed up as little sluts, used up by the celebrity-media-mentali ty, and thrown out like last weeks used Kleenex as soon as the "next new little slut" makes her debut.

Your list of four reactions could very well be 'all of the above', but ALSO....get this....a lot of girls and woman are CLUELESS because they've been brain-washed to think it's normal attire. And, by the way, being the parental unit who attempts to re-train, guard, teach, and dress your daughter appropriately, do you think that's a fun or easy job?

Frankly, it seems to me, speaking from the perspective of someone who has travelled quite a bit and worked a lot of different cities and seen a few changes over the past 4+ decades---that the sleaziness has become part and parcel with all of the rest of the deranged amount of attention placed on sex as the be-all and end-all of existance.

Now, I love me some good sex......lurrrrrrrrrrve it, but it is NOT the whole enchilda of life. But, it's the hook that drives so many people's mentality and the marketers are no idiots when it comes to using it to sell! sell! sell!

But, you just want to blame women, hunh? Gee, what a nice simplistic approach. And by the by, I was always dressed appropriately and modestly for school and work, etc...only pulled out the GLAM when it was a special event. so there.

- Response by feralberyl, A Creative, Female, 56-65, Columbus, Other Profession

Being dressed like a slut does not give a man the right to act like an animal. Period. If a man can't control himself then he's the one with the real problem.

On some TV shows the cops put out "bait cars" because it attracts potential car thieves and raises their "arrest" statistics.

When you put out bait, you catch rats.

I don't think there is an actually real definition for "slutty" when it comes to apparel, its all up to interpretation. Some people think anything less than a full covering mumu is slutty attire. But no, not matter what a woman wears or does, she is not asking for rape, nor does she deserve it. Its also a double standard - if a man was walking down the street in swim trunks or skin tight leather, would we all say he was a manwhore and inviting sexual assault? Noooo.

- Response by jenjenmcmorris, A Married Girl, Female, 26-28, Home Maker

Women should be able to dress however they want, their clothes are NEVER an excuse for rape. No one says to the crime victim "you shouldn't have worked hard and made a lot of money, no wonder you got mugged, you're rich!" In the same way we dont blame the victim of a robbery, we should never blame the victim of a rape.

- Response by xerxes, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 46-55, Washington, DC, Lawyer

No, they're not setting themselves up, they're assuming men can control themselves. I doubt most of them are prostitutes. They just want attention and I'm happy to give it to them.

BTW -- I always find the sluttiest-looking girl is the hardest to get. The librarian sitting quietly in the corner wearing a grey sweater, plaid skirt, pearls and demure shoes is the one who will rape you across your frontseat before you can buckle your seatbelt and start the car.

- Response by dendresdner, A Jock, Male, 46-55, Science / Engineering

A person's opinion of what is slutty differs from one to another. The way a person dresses should not make them targets for rape. Rape is about control and fear not how a person dresses. A person who dresses like a nun gets raped as well. The individual who rapes doesn't care how they dress. The excuse she asked for it doesn't justify a crime. Rosey

It's not so much what she's wearing..it has more to do with what she is DOING. The same women who will wear the slut gear, are the very same women you see grinding on EVERY man's cock in the club, sticking her pierced tongue down their throats, and then at last call, pick one or two to go to a hotel ALONE with..and then later cry rape.

- Response by jillopo, An Alternative Girl, Female, 29-35, Dusseldorf, Other Profession