Why do some pedophiles act on their desires and others do not, and why do they all tend to be lumped
Sex & Intimacy / 6:37 PM - Sunday May 08, 2011

Why do some pedophiles act on their desires and others do not, and why do they all tend to be lumped together?
It has been stated that there are many more pedophiles than we ever hear about because they do not all act on their desires. And it is not the sort of thing a person is going to reveal. Either way, they do tend to be lumped together, I believe. Society's view on this whole subject is a knee-jerk reactionary. Likely that anyone who is found to be a pedophile, whether they have acted out or not, will be beaten up quickly. Yes, it is sick to sexually desire children, but I don't think our disgust and our violent/sadistic reaction to these deviants is the answer. Because more and more keep coming out of the woodwork. I think we should commend and try to help those who have not acted upon their desires, find out why they have those desires, and work at not creating so many deviants. At the same time, murderers and rapists.

- Asked by A Thinker, Female, Who Cares?

You know I can sure see why the 45 year old rebel hasn't revealed himself. Fuck, what a loser. He's not only a total idiot but he's a total pervert. How can a 4 year old be sexy? How is a 10 year old sexy? Who were the people who voted for his posting which is total garbage?

- Response by patresi, An Intellectual Guy, Male, Who Cares?, Who Cares?

if they havent acted on those desires
by
viewing porn
touching children
peeping tom actions....

how would any one KNOW they were pedophiles???????

- Response by galdeen, A Creative, Female, 36-45, Administrative

Please tell me someone did not just say a sexy four year old??? I just threw up in my mouth. Any ways people who are attracted to children or men who have rape fantasies are incredibly common and I think more men than not have thought about these things. Yet any decent man would NEVER act on it. I do not lump everyone into the same catergory. Really I don't give a crap what people think or even what they do, SO LONG as they are not hurting someone else.

- Response by A Life of the Party, Female, Who Cares?

As one reply stated - how would we even KNOW if someone's a pedophile if they don't act on it? Most people don't make it public if they have thoughts & feelings that their society considers inappropriate, unless they plan to ACT on them.

In addition: Yeah, like we don't all know that the 36-45 year old guy who thinks it should be legal to fuck a ten year old girl, isn't greenwind's second profile, trying to pretend that other people share his perverted view of women and sex. A "sexy four year old"??? Somebody needs to do a serious beat-down on that disgusting old fuck!

There is no man or women who is a pedophile who HAS NOT acted on hisher desires...they just has not been caught at it. You want to commend them?

Pedophiles cannot be rehabilitated, because they do not think that what they do is wrong.

It makes me sick to my guts that there are people who come on this board and defend disgusting (lower than animals) deviants.

I don't care if you get angry and I couldn't care less if you jerk me, what I do care about is myself and all the other grown ups that have been tortured in our souls by pedophiles and the thousands-if not millions- of children who will go through the same sh1t. When I hear someone defending pedophiles, my gut reaction is they probably are one or know one.

There is lots more that I could say about this subject, but I know I shouldn't.

- Response by seajaih, Female, Who Cares?, Who Cares?

You have lost your mind.

You just said it was sick. Why would we NOT react with disgust?
Do you think people who molest little kids can be "cured"?
Do you realize there are infants, yes INFANTS, who are diagnosed with STD's? That's how some of these evil bastards are caught.

And as far as any violent reaction, sorry, but they need to have their appendages surgically removed. We don't "create" these monsters. We also don't "create" murderers and rapists.
People make choices. Some make bad ones. The ones who make the really bad choices deserve whatever they get, and when they go to prison, they will definitely get it there.

We had a lot fewer of these monsters when they got the justice they deserved. Why? Did it discourage anyone? No, but you can be damn sure when they were caught, it was the LAST time they ever did it. That's why more and more keep "coming out of the woodwork". They know they will get a 10 year prison sentence, and be out in 3, based on statistical averages.

If they got the sentence they deserved, they wouldn't have to worry about prison.

We used to execute people for stealing horses, too. We had a lot less theft in those days.

- Response by chessplayer, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 36-45, Administrative

just how many profiles does greenwind have???

- Response by beanielou, A Thinker, Female, 29-35, Halifax, Who Cares?

Just curious- would you describe yourself as 'liberal' politically?

- Response by etbass, A Creative, Male, 36-45, Executive