When is it ok for a husband to call his wife "stupid bitch" in front of 2 small kids?
Married Life / 7:16 PM - Tuesday May 03, 2011

I gave both my girls some cereal and ate a few marsh-mellows out of the cereal when he screamed this in front of our girls...angrily and then he spilled some milk on the floor.......

- Asked by letmeknow2007, A Sweet Sarah, Female, 29-35, Home Maker

Never! Thats horrible for him to say in front of your children!

- Response by A Married Girl, Female, 46-55, Administrative

Never!!! Even if she had it coming, and you certainly didn't, doing so in front of the kids is completely out of bounds.

- Response by grinandbareit, An Engaged Guy, Male, 46-55, Other Profession

What a keeper you have. Your husband is suppose to exemplify how a man should treat his wife and so far is is FAILING AT this job honey. I would talked to him about this and let him know that you will not tolerate that type of behavior and he will NOT be disrespecting you in front of your children.

- Response by anettemint, A Trendsetter, Female, 29-35, Who Cares?

Do you even have to ask?

- Response by alecsmart1, A Guy Critical, Male, 46-55, Celebrity

NEVER, It is called domestic violence and it is a crime.

- Response by spring151, A Thinker, Female, 29-35, Who Cares?

I'm concerned that you're going to feel validated by the responses you're getting and not seek further help. Ask yourself why you wanted advice on this situation. Is it because you are upset and want to feel better or because you genuinely want to take action and create change? Remember that just because people console you, doesn't mean your children are getting any help with this violent and frightening situation. Please take action to prevent this from continuing in your childrens lives. This can and will seriously traumatize your children.

- Response by xxmetooxx, Female, 29-35, Sacramento, Student

NEVER... In front of the kids of away from the kids doesn't matter. It's disrespectful and you should tell him that and don't tolerate it.

- Response by glowinangeliz, A Cool Mom, Female, 36-45

WOW! It is never ok and especially in front of your kids. We grew up like that I will never forget the abuse we saw. A man that loves would never disrespect you like that even if he is pissed off. A man that loves you can be upset and say what he needs to say without being abusive, that is verbal abuse. Oh I hope you can get some counseling before this escalates to physical abuse.

- Response by debski, A Career Woman, Female, 36-45, Detroit, Science / Engineering

When he's Ready for the Beatdown that comes with it

It's NEVER okay, period!!!!!

It's never okay. You were just verbally attacked, intimidated, and he has a rage problem. Seek professional counseling to address the situation NOW before it escalates or drags on through endless cycles for the next 20 years.

But hear me well. You chose to marry into this relationship, therefore you have responsibilities about being in it as well. No One can make the changes for you---you have to do them yourself.

- Response by feralberyl, A Creative, Female, 56-65, Columbus, Other Profession

It is NEVER ok!!!!

- Response by mrslml, A Thinker, Female, 36-45, Managerial

It is never ok Sweetie, that is totally disrespectful and you need to talk to him about this now when the kids are not in the house. Does he have anger management issues?

Hell no it's not ok. I wouldn't put up with that shit either. I'd rather do bad by myself.

YOUR MAN HAS SOME STRONG ANGER PROBLEMS!!!!AND NO!!IT IS REALLY BAD FOR YOUR KIDS TO SEE OR HEAR THAT FOUL MOUTH!THE NEXT TIME HE SAYS SHIT LIKE THAT,ASK HIM IF HE KISSES HIS MOM WITH THAT MOUTH!!

- Response by tudorcat, Female, 46-55, Columbus, Home Maker

NEVER EVER !!

- Response by bob49, A Rebel, Male, 56-65, Seattle, Transportation

That is not ok. Seriously was he just stressed and acting out? Did he apologize later? There is something that is bothering him and you need to get it out of him and work it out.

- Response by ponadidas, A Life of the Party, Male, 29-35, Pittsburgh, Other Profession

IT IS NEVER "OK" - especially in front of 2 small children!!

- Response by myrtletyrtle, A Creative, Female, 46-55, Who Cares?

Disrespect in a relationship is a deal breaker for me! His behavior is unacceptable and you need to make sure your girls know this because you do not want them growing up and thinking this is normal only to choose men like their father. Do you want this for your girls? If not, then start taking some steps to either get out of this marriage or get help for your family. No children should be raised in such a hostile environment!

Have your Dad and brothers conduct some wall-to-wall counseling with him.

- Response by dendresdner, A Jock, Male, 46-55, Science / Engineering

Is he off his meds? I mean, he seems to have some serious issues, and maybe some mental problems.

I'd suggest he see a doctor pronto.

If he regularly has these types of outbursts and is unwilling to seek medical help from a doctor or counselor, I'd think about moving out with the girls for a few months to give him a chance to reconsider.

- Response by curvysmartgirl, A Creative, Female, 46-55, Dallas, Artist / Musician / Writer

All the counseling in the world doesn't change anything if he's treating you like that now.

Save yourself a lot of time and heartache. Ask him if he wants a divorce. Tell him he must not love you anymore to say that to you, so you're wondering if that would be best. Tell him the relationship you two have is not the example you want for your kids.

Tell him if he ever calls you names like that again, you will figure he's decided you're worthless to him, and you don't want to live like that. Get to an attorney in the meantime.

You know it's coming, don't you?

No man is worth living like that for.

Talk to friends to find out who you should go see. There are good attorneys, and there are really bad ones, too. You don't want the bad ones. You will need child support, and he will want visitation. Get it lined out.

- Response by naiveladyquestions, A Thinker, Female, 46-55, Other Profession

at 6:30 PM. Other than that you file for divorce.

That shouldn't even be asked...it's beyond not ok. But I'd personally like to know what provoked it..cuz there's no way he just said that randomly unless he has tourettes.

- Response by pinkskittles722, A Sportif, Female, 18-21, Fitness