Why do Military men date and marry civilian girls? Are military chicks ugly?
Dating / 9:03 AM - Saturday April 30, 2011

I've noticed that the majority of military men are married to civilians. Why? Are military women considered to be ugly and more likely diseased(I heard).

- Asked by Female, Who Cares?

You sound like an idiot. For starters, only 14% of the military is women so obviously very few can have a military wife. Secondly STI tests are required every six months so you CAN'T be diseased. Military men can easily get civilian women without trying because civilans women will fall over backwards for a guy in uniform regardless if he is a jerk or idiot. Women in the military obviously do not have the same fascination with them as they are in the same boat.

- Response by A Creative, Female, 22-25

No, military women aren't ugly OR diseased. Whoever TOLD you that is a moron. A LOT of couples are both in the military. My son and his wife are BOTH military. And, neither are ugly OR diseased.

Well first of all there are way more men in the military than women so they can't all have military wives. Also you have to look at family life. With both parents in the service you have the possibility of deploying and at the same time. Who would be home with the kids if that were to happen?????

Could be an ego thing.

- Response by stiffkittenbabelfish, Female, 29-35, Teaching

you are right on here,of course military women are ugly. the few the proud the diseased......

by the way i was being sarcastic. i am sure they are smoking gun hot!

- Response by jefndal, A Guy Critical, Male, 46-55, Dallas, Celebrity

Because men tend to outnumber women in the military. Also it's a helluva lot easier to have a civilian spouse than it is a military one. Being in the military is a tough operation, and having your spouse also on assignment (don't kid yourself it happens) is stressful on top of the stress you already have.

My military boyfriend didnt want to date a civilian for ages and he felt like it would ruin her life, like if she had a good job and he is forced to move, could he ask her to move for him. But dating military girls didnt work out so well for him. Sometimes when you work with people so closely you stop thinking of them in a romantic light. Also he wants to distance himself from the military and have a life outside of it.

- Response by tuala, A Creative, Female, 22-25, Student

No one has brought up the fact that fraternization between soldiers of different ranks is outlawed which makes it very challenging though not impossible for a male and female soldier to have a relationship that could lead to marriage.

- Response by wiserman, A Creative, Female, 46-55, Who Cares?

I know a couple who is dating and they are both in the military, however they both got in trouble. They were both different ranks and she wound up pregnant...

- Response by ashlyna813, A Sweet Sarah, Female, 22-25, Charlotte, Student

It's hard to keep a relationship afloat when you've got one person stationed in one spot and the other in another spot.

As for ugly and diseased, my daughter (who is Navy) is neither. Her healthcare, and pride in staying healthy, is better than most civilian's.

- Response by myrtletyrtle, A Creative, Female, 46-55, Who Cares?

Fact is, most military women are GAY, first. Then the vast majority that are left (that are a little tiny sliver of the military), well they're just ugly.

Interesting little tid bit... Most women are too ugly to be wanted by a man.

- Response by An Intellectual Guy, Male, 36-45, Teaching

I think women in uniforms are hot, especially military, I prefer the dress uniform over the BDU.

- Response by junior113, A Guy Critical, Male, 29-35, Other Profession

Civilian women think of a man in uniform to be like a knight in shining armour. I'm military and have always had a thing for the military guys because I thought it was sexy. Truth of the matter is that sex appeal isn't everything if they came in straight out of high school because they still have that mentality. My boyfriend is a civilian, and, even though things can be extremely difficult at times, I wouldn't have it any other way.

- Response by mrdb51, A Career Woman, Female, 22-25, Dallas, Military