My girlfriend purposely stepped on my cat's tail? What am I suppose to do?
Pets / 9:11 AM - Sunday April 24, 2011

I love this woman and we have been together six months and today when she thought I was in another room I saw her purposely step hard on my cat's tail. My cat screeched and she doesn't know I saw her and I asked what happened? And she said I don't know, he just made a weird noise. I said "did you step on him?" just to see her reaction and she was like NO. I am not sure if I am suppose to bring this up and what this even means, why would someone want to hurt a cat minding it's own business?

When you saw her do it THAT is when you should have said something as it should have been a natural reaction from you. Any person that can take joy in hurting an innocent animal is clearly disturbed and I would get rid of her. I shudder to think what else she's done to your poor cat in the last 6 months.

- Response by A Thinker, Female, Who Cares?, Self-Employed

That's BS... I'd call her out on it, and tell her you saw her do it on purpose and you don't appreciate it. I wouldn't make a big stink about it just let it be known.

- Response by glowinangeliz, A Cool Mom, Female, 36-45

Dump her fast! Not only is she an animal abuser but she's also a liar and not someone you'd want to share your life with. Confront her directly and let her know you saw what she did and you're not going to tolerate her BS.

She's a AWFUL woman who would purposely hurt your cat, especially if alone in your house. I wouldn't trust her anymore when it comes to your cat. You need to confront her and ask her why she doesn't like your cat or if it is just cats in general she doesn't like. You also need to put her on notice that if you cat ends up being injured or having issues you'll be looking to her to explain and that this is a relationship deal breaker as you won't tolerate her being abusive. People who possess this ability to hurt animals without care or concern can do it to children (other people) too, although I suspect she would only do this to those who are defenseless.

I'd definitely call her out on this one and let her know I didn't appreciate her actions. My cats are family and no one treats my family bad! Let her then explain why she felt compelled to step on your cat?

- Response by bambi58, A Thinker, Female, 56-65, Indianapolis, Retired

Have you ever stepped on a spider??? Then you are not one to judge. At least she didn't kill the cat.

- Response by A Life of the Party, Female, Who Cares?

Letting her get away with these two actions (hurting and lying about it) is a major mistake.

People like that need to be confronted face to face on stuff like this.

Now you know she has a mean streak and is devious. Not traits that I would put up with without letting them know what I feel about it. You can do better.

Talk to her about it. maybe she has a secret hatred of cats. animal abuse shuld not be tolerated.

- Response by rantingmadman, A Rebel, Male, 36-45, Transportation

It's abuse. The cat is innocent and helpless...just like a baby would be. I'd be careful with this gf if you have long range plans with her.....

- Response by bobbysg1rl, A Cool Mom, Female, 36-45

Haha, id step on your cats tail too. I f*cking hate cats!

- Response by ashmcawesome, An Alternative Girl, Female, 29-35

Put yourself in the cats position. Now if you were the cat, what would you want doing about someone who deliberately steps on your tail hard enough to make you screech?

You can also go to jail for animal cruelty.

My opinion is mainly this. You could tell a lot about
a person, just by the way they treat animals.
She's not only abusive, she's also a liar, and a sneak.
So what else has she lied about??

- Response by helpful5714, A Thinker, Female, Who Cares?, Self-Employed

Okay so a few people here hate cats and can therefore avoid the animal cruelty issue.
So what about lying to your face more than once eh?

- Response by funkypants, A Creative, Male, 29-35, New South Wales

I can't believe the number of people who think this is no big deal. This woman is a psycho. If she can do this to your cat, she can do it to your children.

I love cats and would not dream of hurting them. There is something wrong with this woman. Do not trust her to be around your cat alone. Call her on it too. Admit to her that you saw her doing it. She' got some very serious issues.

- Response by kath3015, A Sweet Sarah, Female, 46-55, Who Cares?

The mean people here who hate cats and are happy to see them abused are just as sick as your girlfriend.

- Response by A Thinker, Female, Who Cares?

I'm not a huge fan of cats, but I wouldn't go about intentionally inflicting pain or harm unto them. ESPECIALLY if they aren't mine. You are dating someone who lied to your face, and has just hurt your cat. She is a gf not a wife. I would confront her, and if she makes an issue of it. Dump her. Someone said the way a person treats and animal shows a bit about themselves. It's true.

- Response by sillysquids2, A Thinker, Female, 22-25, Who Cares?

I'd say this is a red flag for you. Any person who would intentionally hurt an innocent animal has a cruel streak in them. I love cats and would never intentionally hurt them. There are some people who hate cats but that no excuse. It's annoying to hear a baby cry but that does not give anyone the right to do harm to the baby. If the baby's crying is that annoying, leave. Afterall, we were all babies at one time. Confront your girlfriend on this matter, it may be in your best interest to dump her if she is this mean to an innocent cat. If I had a boyfriend who did this, I dump him in a heartbeat. I love cats.

- Response by A Married Girl, Female, Who Cares?, Who Cares?

You should totally get rid of her. Can I get her number though? I hate cats and this seems really funny to me.

- Response by ponadidas, A Life of the Party, Male, 29-35, Pittsburgh, Other Profession

If she DELIBERATELY stepped on the cat's tail (and you are sure about this, right?) then that says volumes about her character.

It's one thing not to like cats (or dogs). It's another thing to deliberately and maliciously hurt them, particularly when they are just minding their own business.

She has emotional issues. Maybe she was abused as a child, so now she lashes out at those who cannot fight back or tell on her. Or maybe she is jealous of how much you care about your cat and so she is hurting the cat.

I had a friend who dated a guy who abused her cat. She lived with him for several months and the cat never recovered - it was always skittish afterwords. Even worse, after the "honeymoon period", he started to abuse her.

If you stay with this woman, who knows how her emotional problems will manifest? Will she be an abusive mother? Will she be super jealous of anyone who loves you? Will she start treating you badly? Who knows?

I would be very careful with her in future. If you don't want to break up with her now, at least keep her under observation. In the interim, protect your cat. Do not leave it alone with her.

- Response by curvysmartgirl, A Creative, Female, 46-55, Dallas, Artist / Musician / Writer

BIG RED FLAG. This chick has a streak of meaness. Give it time and you will be the target

- Response by gilpill, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 46-55, Chicago, Internet / New Media

I think this is a fake post and you are just stirring things up-

In the event that this is not a joke...dump her. That is abuse and cruel.

If she lies about hurting your cat she'll lie about hurting you. She's also a cat-hater.

- Response by myrtletyrtle, A Creative, Female, 46-55, Who Cares?

RUN! This is an abusive person. For some reason our society has gotten very immune to hurting animals and even people. Anyone capable of hurting an innocent animal will hurt you too in some way or form. This is not someone you should be considering as a partner. The fact that she is trying to hide her violent side is even more cause for alarm. The fact that she turns it on and off so quickly is scary. I would break up fast with a person like this, no questions asked.

- Response by carrie1anne1, A Thinker, Female, 36-45, Who Cares?

http://youtu.be/WVC3bXO Wc88 check out this link. My guess is that she has emotional dysfuntions. You have to eithr dump the woman or find another home for the cat otherwise she might end up doing something worse to the poor cat. Ive had a cat for 15 years so i know how you must feel. I would kick ass if someone hurt my little cat. Best of luck to you.

- Response by lukemode, A Guy Critical, Male, 22-25, London, Managerial

ok people so you don't like cats but he DOES, how is it ok to hurt the person you are supposed to love cat? or anything else for that matter?
she's sick, dump her.

I mean it's plum turrible to step on a cat's tail and stuff, but this chick sounds like my kind of girl.

Have her call me...lol

- Response by sillyrabbit879, A Guy Critical, Male, 36-45, Retired

It's kind of disturbing that she'd hurt an animal like that and even lie about it. If you've only been together six months, I would just get rid of her. Poor kitty probably went through more than that too :( But I also think you should've handled it when you saw her step on the cat's tail.

- Response by pinkskittles722, A Sportif, Female, 18-21, Fitness

Dump her right now before she kills your cat. Talking this out would be a wasted of time because you know for fact she is emotionally disturbed and a practiced liar.

That you tried to trip her up instead of asking her directly why she stepped on your cat means you have suspected there is something wrong with her and that she is a liar. Once you have the proof (which you now do) that she is malicious, dishonest and emotionally disturbed there is zero reason to not break up immediately.

this made me laugh a bit sorry but confront her and ask why she did that..

- Response by physicsystem, A Creative, Female, 22-25, San Antonio, Self-Employed

Meaness is meaness and lying is lying, so seriously think about dumping the mean, cat hating bitch! I would ask her first though...about both issues and do tell her exactly what you saw. It should be interesting what she says about why she lied...this may be a lovely red flag of warning. If you choose to ignore it...there most likely will be more to come! As the saying goes..."Past behavior is the best predictor of future behavior."

- Response by 1pghpafemale, A Sweet Sarah, Female, 46-55, Pittsburgh, Artist / Musician / Writer

Who the hell could possibly hate cats? What does a cat do that's so obnoxious? Sleeping all cozy like on a windowsill, chasing shadows? Seriously, anyone who hates cats has serious problems. For instance I'm not a 'dog person' but I would never be cruel or hurt a dog or any other animal! This woman is insane! Why would you tolerate that for even a minute? She is sick.

- Response by sweetmama247, A Sweet Sarah, Female, 29-35, Buffalo, Home Maker

I would confront your girlfriend the next time you see her. Tell her you saw what she did. She is your girlfriend and you should not be afraid to confront her. Ask her point black why she did what she did. Go from there. From what she tells you you will know what to do - what I mean is if you want to still see her or break up with her.

I am surprised that your cat did not attack her back if she stepped on the tail on purpose.

- Response by lover454, An Engaged Girl, Female, 56-65

stupid bitch. get rid of her. who knows what else she'll do.

- Response by ellekassia26, A Creative, Female, 29-35, Home Maker

Something is amiss with this girl. How well do you really know her? I would keep a very sharp eye on this girl; she seems a little off.