Do guys have feelings for women?
Married Life / 3:02 AM - Thursday April 21, 2011

Do guys have feelings for women?

I mean, "real" feelings?
It seems like they never get their feelings hurt by women and don't seem to fall in love or have strong emotions for a woman. They don't make a big deal of relationships.. In the long run, as long as they have a girl to have sex with, they are ok. I think most guys only marry either for the stable sex and/or to have someone to bear and take care of their children. It makes me sick.

- Asked by Female, Who Cares?

Yeah Most guys i know have been in Love ...ONCE!! But that girl Fixed em Good

This is definately the truth for 99% of men, you just have to be able to hold out for the very rare special one who will truly love you. He will be worth the wait.

- Response by Female, Who Cares?, Who Cares?

I disagree....yes I think men have real feelings for the right girl....I think Brody Jenner is a perfect example...he seemed like the typical playboy, all over the media, new women etc..then he started dating Avril Lavigne and he is more private and showing her his feelings....I think when men find a girl who keeps his interest true feelings are there....if this bothers you so, then if you ever have a son encourage to him to cry if he needs too, and get him in touch with his feminine side...boys are designed to hide feelings and "suck it up" so when they enter relationships it's hard to read them, cuz it's instilled in them unfortunately.

- Response by A Life of the Party, Female, 36-45, Other Profession

are most men as emotional as women no. do we care absolutely.
do we show emotion differently yes.

- Response by j3s5e, A Rebel, Male, 29-35, Los Angeles, Who Cares?

yes they can. you just have not met the right one for you yet.

Oh yes, men have feelings...by nature they do not show them as women do or speak about them.

- Response by msgg, A Creative, Female, 36-45, Managerial

Sounds to me that you expect men to handle emotions like women...and that's never going to happen. We're wired differently. The sooner you undestand that, the sooner you'll have more realistic expectations.

- Response by drumboi2, A Guy Critical, Male, 56-65

I can understand why you may think this sometimes, I am well aware of some of these people that you are talking about. I am male, and I have real feelings for my girlfriend/and mother of my child, I love her and my daughter so much I cannot even begin to explain how. In the past, I have dated other people, and not had any of these feelings, which is why eventually we have broken things off. Marriage is supposed to be two people committing to each other for the rest of their lives because they want to be united, not for the purpose of guaranteeing sex or securing full time child care, I am really sorry to hear you are feeling this way. I am on the receiving end of my partner not wanting to be with me , as she doesn't think she loves me anymore. I would do anything for us to be as we were again.

- Response by A Guy Critical, Male, 26-28, Glasgow, Other Profession

Just because men don't behave like hysterical wrecks when something goes wrong doesn't mean we don't have feelings.

As for getting hurt by women - after-divorce suicide statistics speak for themselves. From them it seems obvious, that it's women, who do not have real feelings for their husbands and not the other way around.

- Response by windlord, A Guy Critical, Male, 26-28, Who Cares?

don't say Guys, say YOUR guy, don't lump us all together cause you chose a lemon

also, i got to wonder about your age, as in, EVERYONE on the planet knows that men and women view love, sex, relationships completely differently, we are two different creatures of the same species

i think your upset cause your man or men, do not ACT how YOU want them to in the relationship, that being the case, the error is yours for one thinking selfishly and two thinking that men would think like women or women would think like men

you need to read more

aloha

- Response by beautifulloser, A Rebel, Male, 36-45, Detroit, Executive

Yes, we definitely do have real feelings.

- Response by chessplayer, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 36-45, Administrative

There is a very high suicide rate among men who's wife or GF left them. That sounds like "real" feelings to me.

Oh God.
. Men get their feelings hurt all the time.

. Men fall in love all the time. Various studies indicate that men are actually more sentimental than women.

. Most men are taught, from Day One, not to reveal their feelings.

. Men who show their feelings are either ridiculed ("Oh! That boy is whipped!") or considered unreliable or even dangerous ("WTF, can't that dumbass maintain an even plane?"). The men who show their feelings the most tend to be uniformly despised or at least loathsome.

. "They don't make a big deal of relationships.." Define, "a big deal". Buying jewelry, cars, houses, etc. is a big deal to most guys. Doing a lot of things (like shopping) during their meager non-working hours is a big deal to most guys. Treating her irritating friends and obnoxious relatives with civility and respect is a big deal to most men. Listening and responding to extended discussions of matters that seem inane and of little consequence is a very big deal to most men, especially when you consider that the higher-income/executive types are employed specifically to, "Clear up the B.S. and make it happen".

. "In the long run, as long as they have a girl to have sex with, they are ok." No, they're okay in the short run when they have someone with whom to have sex. Take a look at the position sex fills in Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs.

. "I think most guys only marry either for the stable sex and/or to have someone to bear and take care of their children." Nah, most guys feel that the sex usually gets old with the same woman. They marry because they have formed a serious emotional bond with a woman, do not wish to lose her presence in their life, and want to ensure the well-being of that woman and their offspring. Most guys view children as an inevitable eventuality, which they may as well enjoy (incidentally, most men do enjoy children. One of the times when it's pretty universally acceptable for a man to express his feelings is when discussing his children.)

- Response by dendresdner, A Jock, Male, 46-55, Science / Engineering

74% of suicides are male, and the leading cause of male suicide is divorce.

In my 60yrs I've dated, married, raised a family, divorced, dated some more and settled into a 9yr relationship with my gf of today. We don't live together or plan on marriage but I'm satisfied and hope she is too. If not she'll have to tell me, I'm a guy, I don't do well with intuition.

To answer your question, yes. I had feelings for my wife, have feelings for my gf, but have come to the conclusion that men and women don't have the same needs from a relationship or marriage to maintain that feel you speak of. The women I've known are looking for cards and flowers, candy and jewelry, phone calls and notes, a kiss, a hug, conversation, a feeling that he's always there and in return throw a guy a bone now and then they call "sex". As a guy I'm closest to a woman when I'm making love. Cards, flowers, and the rest don't do it. Her making love to me rather than forcing me to earn a little "sex" is what gives me that feeling for her.

Today I've decided its easier to be rewarded now and then with "sex" from a distance. I can still fill her needs at arms length but don't feel the need to love her when she's out of sight and mind. Married she's a constant reminder of what I can't have or must earn. Single and seperate there are times, althought rare, I even get made love to. Aren't always being made to work for plain old "sex".

I have yet to find the woman that gets it. They want what they want from a relationship and want it all the time. When the get it as seldom as the offer "sex" they're pissed. If I'd ever found one who would love me as much and often as I would her??? Like that will ever happen..... HA!

- Response by fluff47, A Father Figure, Male, 56-65, Self-Employed

Goodness. Someone did a number on you, and I'm willing to bet it was your parents.

Men are just male people, dear. Same range of feelings as women.

WITH YOUR ATTITUDE YOU WILL NEVER BE HAPPILY MARRIED<

Simple answer. Yes. Absolutely.

And personally I've never met a woman who's been hurt so deeply by a relationship as one man I know.

- Response by atuin, A Sweet Sarah, Female, 22-25

If anything I think it is the opposite. Women just look at men for what they can get from men. Men just take women for who they are. The proof in that is that women can walk away if they don't get what they want where it takes a woman cheating or something else for him to walk away. You are living on sexist generalizations.

Men have their hearts broken and regularly and as badly as women. They may express themselves differently, but you know what? If men and women were exactly alike, the world would be boring place.

So both genders "have feelings" and "get hurt." The people that are smart enough to know that everyone is different, and continue the process will eventually be successful is finding their ideal relationship. The people that come to the irrational conclusion that "all men are ____" or all "women are ____" will continue to sabotage themselves and their relationships and end up unhappy and anonymously griping on the internet.

- Response by playhouse933, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 36-45, Other Profession

I've actually read that contrary to popular belief, men fall in love quicker than women, they just don't gossip about it as much as women do.

- Response by lmarks, A Life of the Party, Male, 29-35, Los Angeles, Who Cares?

Yes, men have genuine feelings for women. They express them in different ways, ie, they aren't as likely to verbalize their love for a partner but will show her strong affection in other ways - providing for her well-being (a home, gifts, etc.), and the well-being of the couple's children. These days, women seem to exhibit the "grass is greener" syndrome as often as or more so than men.

Men make you sick. Your relationships are disasters. Related?

What do you think they are? Robots???? Of course they have strong feelings for women...they either don't show it, don't wear their emotions on their sleeves or they show love in different ways.

The problem with men and women is not only do we think so differntly but we expect the opposite sex to think the same way we do! and when they don't, we falsely assume they're wrong! no! you need to learn the ways in which men DO have feelings for women. don't assume they don't--it's incorrect.

- Response by ebm3, A Trendsetter, Female, 36-45, Self-Employed