My 11 year old daughter is pregnant from some random 13 year old boy during a school dance.
Family & Parenting / 7:07 PM - Wednesday April 13, 2011

WTF???? It was supposed to be chaperoned by teachers, how the f**k did this happen. What the hell am I suppose to do? I am absoultely disgusted with my daughter and this situation.

- Asked by Female, Who Cares?

oops, wrong answer....was tryimg for the lady with the wine question.

But while I'm here..Is it confirmed by a Doctor? What does the Dr. say about it. Eleven is soooooo young. My God I didn't even have a period until I was FIFTEEN. I do not know what to say, suggest but I feel very bad for both you AND your daugher. She is too young to really, truly understand sex and (obviously) it's consequenses. She does need you now though to see her through it. Talk to a church elder or some councel to help you also.

Abortion is legal in the US, and your daughter's case is a textbook reason for getting one.

Can't help with your exact question but I do know that all alcohol turns into SUGAR.

Thats some scary shit

that is so sad and scary. I'm sorry but why the hell are you upset at her! it's not her fault. I think we all know who is to blame here. shit.

- Response by girlpower08, A Sportif, Female, 36-45

Sorry that this has happened to your daughter. The dance was probably chaperoned but if they want to have sex they will figure out a way. At this point you have to decide if you are going to let your daughter carry the child to term and then raise it or give it up for adoption...or you have to decide if you want to terminate the pregnancy and put her on birth control.

Get some real help. We are all a bunch of unhelpful noobs here most times. Your situation is too important. Really, see what your options are...ALL options. Ask a lawyer, too.

- Response by beachinbeachboy, A Jock, Male, 36-45, Pittsburgh, Consulting

11 years old and you're disgusted by your daughter? Obviously, she was taken advantage of. And, the school is somewhat responsible, if in fact this happened on the school grounds! You need to be talking to the parents of this 13 year old boy. That is why it's important to talk and teach these young children about sex and having self-respect early. I'm sorry this has happened to your daughter and this young man.

But, the time now is for helping and finding a solution to this situation. You need to contact the authorities as well. Because, you don't know what has truly happened here. If you do, please include some details as to what you're daughter has said. But, she's probably feeling confused and upset herself. I know you're angry and shocked. But, try not to be too disgusted at her.

This is terrible! Honestly let her get an abortion, no 11 year old should have to go through having a baby!!!!!

- Response by couchie666, A Thinker, Female, 26-28

I can believe this.
Kids these ages should be kept at home until they are more responsible.
Would consider taking action with the school board and having them take care of the birth.
Someone did not do a good job.

Did you ever talk to your daughter about the value of abstinence?
How old were you when you started having sex? Has your daughter ever walked on you having sex?

- Response by losungha, A Career Man, Male, 46-55, Boston, Technical

I am not going to bash you or your daughter. She made a mistake that she is going to have to deal with. As her mom the only thing you can do is try to help her do the right thing now. I realize this is a hard thing to deal with, she is so young. I would talk to your church and I would be talking to the school. I really will pray for you and your daughter and I hope that all turns out ok for you both. Just be her mom now and know the deed is already done and you can't change what has happen but you can show her that something good can come out of the worst things in life.

- Response by niknak555, Female, 36-45, Managerial

I would be absolutely out of my mind if it was my daughter! That being said it is time to put your feelings in your pocket for a while and be the supportive parent she needs. No easy task for sure. But if you were her what would you want from your parents? She already is punishing herself very effectively I am sure. It is decision making time not only for you and your family but for the boy and his family also - but I am sure you already have all of this in mind. Good Luck.

- Response by derrick229, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 46-55, Construction

Wow... and you really think this is the teaches fault? Or even the kids? Kids only do what they are taught and in the absence of instruction simply behave like animals.

- Response by An Intellectual Guy, Male, 36-45, Teaching

WTF is right!

WTF, YOU didn't teach her about inappropriate touching much less where babies come from?

"how the f**k did this happen", WTF, YOU don't know where babies come either??

WTF, the four teachers and ZERO parent volunteers chaperoning 100 kids are supposed to keep an eye on the kids who sneak off?? WHERE TF were you?????

WTF, you're "disgusted" with your eleven year old daughter???

WTF????

- Response by islandhopper88, A Sweet Sarah, Female, 46-55, Who Cares?

If this had really happened, which we know it did NOT, it would be the MOTHER who is to blame; not the child.

I should say it would be the fault of the MOTHERS because he too, is a child and both kids were not served well by their parents.

LOL. They sure teach them young these days.

Do you currently live in Iran? If so, you can arrange their marriage.

- Response by vacuum, A Career Man, Male, 36-45, Science / Engineering

Why are you disgusted with the 11 year old child who you did not teach about sex? It's YOUR fault that she did not know that sex=babies. Go look in the mirror and know that YOU will be the grand ma to this baby, and NOW you will have to tell your daughter about childbirth, and HOPEFULLY you can teach her to take care of this baby so that in 11 more years THAT baby doesn't have a baby.