If you can't get someone off your mind, are they supposed to be there?
Dating / 9:15 PM - Sunday April 03, 2011

if you can't get someone off your mind, are they supposed to be there?

I have been seeing/hooking up with this guy for 5 or 6 months. It's been very rocky, up and down, but i like him a lot. we're not talking at the moment, we got into a huge fight last weekend. But everytime we stop talking, i can't get him off of my mind. it kills me. usually i can get over guys so quickly but for some reason i can't with him. is there a reason for this? does anyone have any experience w this? i've never felt like this about someone before.

First of all, you need to ask yourself why you've only been hooking up with this guy instead of having a relationship with him.
Does he only seem interested in hooking up but not committing? And are you ok with that?
It seems like you want more from him than just hooking up.
So, yes there is a reason why you can't get him off your mind.
You like this guy.
From my experience, you shouldn't just profess your love to him.
That may freak him out a bit.
Instead, tell him that you hate not talking to him because he is important to you.
Then, subtly ask him something like: "Do you think we should just keep hooking up.. or should we make it more serious?"
Don't seem too pushy though.
GOOD LUCK :)

- Response by bubblegirl2010, A Thinker, Female, 22-25

Have you thought about the reasons why your relationship has been very rocky? Is the reason you like him so much because he plays hard to get?

Sometimes we are more drawn to things that we can't have -- it just makes them feel more desirable. You can like someone a LOT but that doesn't mean they are good for you.

I'm telling you this from experience, NOT because I want to make you angry or hurt you.

- Response by A Cool Mom, Female, 56-65

Yes, it is odd that even though you know a guy is a jerk - or that they are not interested or right for you, or whatever the reason...

Some of them just linger in your mind and no matter what you do, you just can't remove them from taking up your space. Lol.

It is utterly frustrating with a touch of excitement.

It'd be nice if we could just erase the ones that don't work completely, though. Oh yes, that would definitely make life A LOT easier! =-)

- Response by cutypy5840, A Thinker, Female, 36-45, Medical / Dental