Is anyone sad because they are 40 and have never been married?
Dating / 1:13 AM - Friday April 01, 2011

I'm almost 40 ,never married, worried about my future, living a pretty dull life i think. i'm not getting all of the benefits that some other women are getting. what can you do in this situation , so you don't get depressed or discouraged?

I'll marry you.

What benefits? Picking up dirty draws, having to cook for someone else, and getting yelled at for dumbass reasons? Okay yeah you are really missing out..

- Response by A Life of the Party, Female, Who Cares?

Awww....your dream guy may come when you are 50, who knows. Live the life you have NOW. We never know how long we will be here.

- Response by bobbysg1rl, A Cool Mom, Female, 36-45

I know a man who will be 59 this year, and never married or was even engaged. He had many girlfriends, but always put his work first and never got serious enough about any of his girls (he loved the ladies and was having too much fun all those years). Now he is still single and as an older man, fears he will never be wanted by a woman. So, he focuses on his work and friends, and many people love him like a Brother.

I'm 50+ and never married. I'm neither depressed or discouraged about it because I like my life just the way it is.

If you think that being married woulds make you stop worrying about the future, you're mistaken. Married people worry just as much as single people, and they have TWICE the expenses and TWICE the drama. I don't know what kind of "benefits" you're talking about, but you can certainly improve your own life without needing a partner to do it for you. You're responsible for yourself and your own life and your own welfare, whether you're married or single.

Try to remember that the grass *always* looks greener on the other side of the fence. There are married people who daydream about how great it would be to be single & free.

Contact me, Duggers, we can talk D

contact me, duggers

Get a larger circle of friends.They might help set you up.Join clubs or volenteer with some thing that intrest you.You can meet some men there.

Not at all...I'm not sad and over 40 and never married.My life is far from dull..I have no one to answer to but myself,I can do what I want to when I want to...and I just don't stress about it. if it's meant for me to be married it will happen,if it's not it's not. Personally it's not a big issue for me...if I find someone that makes me happy and we just end up together and not married I'm cool with that.

Let's trade places!!

I am almost 40, never married, no children, not worried about my future but I do think about it, living as full of a life but always trying to make me happy and figure out how best I can make the most of my life and contribute to others.

But I do sometimes think if I have achieved what I had hoped to achieve by age 40, and in some ways yes, but in some ways no.

So to be not depressed or discouraged, I try to make the most of everything. I took up piano again which is something I loved, I took course and signed up for a masters degree as I think that will help my job, I can afford to travel so I do as I really enjoy it, I connect with friends who bother to connect with single me and have a blast, I joined meet-up groups, I make exercise a regular part of my life as theoretically that will make me fit and well - these are things to enrich my life and make me happy.

I wished I had a life partner and family of my own - if it works out well I think it would be wonderful, keeping in mind for many others it is not that peachy. But then, what if that life partner bonks out way before me, or the children do not like me, then I am left with me, and still have to keep me happy and have to be healthy to enjoy life. So back to all the above points and that encourages me to look out for myself as oppose to dwell on what I don't have. Also tried online dating as one way to try and meet guys, also a few blind dates... At least I gave it a shot.