Thank you for your many years of support. We want to share the news with you that after much consideration, will cease operations in its present format on October 15th. We appreciate your meaningful contributions over the years.
Back to Home

Active Questions

What can I do when the IRS deposit my refund in an account that belongs to the tax prepairer.
Race, Religion & Politics / 11:06 AM - Thursday March 31, 2011

What can I do when the IRS deposit my refund in an account that belongs to the tax prepairer.

I had my taxes faxed to HR Block and someone within the office took our information and claimed our children. So when we filed ours the IRS rejected them. We went back to HR Block and had them print our paperwork to submit a paper copy to the IRS. What we didn't see is that HR Blocks account information was still on the return. So when checking on the status of our return the IRS showed deposit when we asked for a check. I called the IRS and the said it was deposited into the account on return looked @ the return and saw the accoutn info. I called HR Block and they verf it was theirs. HR Block not only said that the IRS didnt dep. any funds but they rejected our refund on March 28. I called the IRS office and the said that HR Block was wrong and the accepted it on 3-17 and it was deposited into the account on 3-25. What can I do since HR Block is saying that not only do the not have but IRS rejected it?

Update: March 31, 2011.
Thank you all very much for your comments I am going to use some of them and will post if they work. Thankss again.

- Asked by myfamilysissues1, A Married Girl, Female, 36-45, Columbus, Home Maker

Read more about the Rating System

Get an attorney because everybody is going to give you the ole run around. One of their employees is a crook

- Response by momof4, A Creative, Female, 46-55, Administrative

Rating Received:

Oh this is bad. I would be getting a lawyer.

- Response by niknak555, Female, 36-45, Managerial

Rating Received:

You have the IRS send you a verification letter/e-mail showing they deposited the funds in the HR Block account and then take this paper to HR Block and demand that they write you a check. If the refuse then hire an attorney to get your money!

- Response by kdtxchic30, A Thinker, Female, 36-45, Who Cares?

Rating Received:

You need to file a written complaint immediately. Go to the highest person with HR Block and provide the proof. You may also be able to file a complaint with the IRS -- that's clearly tax fraud and againt the FEDERAL law. Someone is going to be in big trouble. BOGUS nonsense. Don't back down. If you need to you can go see a Tax Attorney. He/She would be more than happy to get their hands on this one!!! Good luck. (sorry for what you are going through).

- Response by lilkat316, A Cool Mom, Female, 56-65

Rating Received:

There are serious accusations of criminal fraud in your statement. I suggest contacting the US Attorney General office to ask about criminal fraud by HR Block. You could contact management of HR Block and give them 2 days to get you the money before going to the TV NEWS and the US Prosecuting Attorney, and the IRS with fraud charges. Then if you don't get the money go public.

I never use Block. I go to TurboTax dot com and fill out the forms on-line. The computer asks the question and puts down my own bank info. And its FREE for simple tax returns, wages and homes. Next year do your own.

- Response by greenwind, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 56-65, Construction

Rating Received:

Okay what a f'd up mess.
First do you have the amount and the tracking information from HR Block sending it back to the IRS?
This will fix it self out but you need to stay on top of it.
Talk with Management at HR Block seems to me they screwed this up!

- Response by seasons4, A Sportif, Female, 46-55, Financial / Banking

Rating Received: