Do you tend to treat people who act like children , like children?
Jokes, Polls & Anything Else / 10:59 AM - Tuesday March 29, 2011

I catch myself doing this alot lately.When people act a certain way I percieve as childish, I will treat them like a child. For example: When a women recently called me a moron, then later in a email, called me an idiot. Up untill this time I had been nice with her. I don't understand why she had to call me out, when there were others saying the same thing after me. I figured she was jealous cause I said what she wanted to or something. This and the name calling about something, that had nothing to do with her...

Well anyway, I gave up trying to explain it to her. Told her in my own words to go jump in a lake after she called me an idiot. I Said I would not answer any more of her messages since she is acting like such a child. She turned some of what I said back on me, called me stupid again, then tried again to dis me saying the old saying...it's women like you that give other women a bad name.

I find that HALARIOUS! I guess that is all she has got. She was the one to call me a moron and start this whole thing.

I do not know why, but it is... funny and very childlike, quiet endearing really.
I got a big kick out of her last email after I said I would not answer anymore. She was mad cause she wanted to know who I am, while still calling me names. I wont answer her anymore, as I said, If she wants to act like a child, this is how I am going to treat her. It would not matter if I told her anyway. I am always incognito online and she does not know me anyway...

I tried to be civil. It did not work.
I wont go back on my word, I ended it.

HahaHAhaHahaHAhaHahaHAh aHahaHAhaHahaHAhaHahaHA haHahaHAhaHahaHAhaHahaH AhaHahaHAhaHahaHAha.
I do love it, Gave me a good laugh today.Some people can truly be a little odd. Gotta Love them.

When people come to you about things that seem totally out of line and childlike what do you do about it? What are your experiences with this type of behavior?

I already let it go. That is what is so nice about it.

No. ;) I am not him but I think I know who you are talking about. HAhahahah OH my gawd. That is nice. She came to here to cry. I DON'T CARE. It was MY OPINION. Did anyone else see the post I am referring to? Was it really worth this?

There's nothing wrong with acting like a child. Children are all about having fun.

If you want a serious discourse though, you talk to people on an Adult to Adult level. Otherwise you get nowhere fast.

Your post made me laugh - you sound like the female version of someone else on here. Are you really him??

- Response by catscratch, A Thinker, Female, 46-55, Executive

Have you ever heard the saying "Methinks thou dost protest too much"?

The fact that you felt the need to publicly post a 7 paragraph dissertation on how hilarious you find such interactions, leads me to believe that you are trying to convince yourself of it. I think the person in question really pissed you off badly and you believe that telling us how funny and unimportant it was, is the best way to get back at them.

Just let it go - you'll feel better.

YOU ACTED CHILD-LIKE IN CALLING HER A CHILD. Your attempt to be seen as magnanimous failed.

god one more jerk and i'm gonna have a big mess all over myself. lmao

- Response by beanielou, A Thinker, Female, 29-35, Halifax, Who Cares?

and still you keep posting and posting and posting. waaahhhhh cry baby, cry.