What does a woman mean when she says "You don't UNDERSTAND!"?
Sex & Intimacy / 10:54 PM - Saturday March 12, 2011

I've concluded that she wants me to FEEL what she feels.
She doesn't *understand* that it isn't necessary. I can understand how an engine works, without FEELING the pistons move, or the heat and smell of the fuel and the exhaust. (Maybe that's why women rarely try to learn that sort of thing?)
Likewise, I can UNDERSTAND that she's pissed off about something I didn't do, without having to walk home as a result, like she did.

Chester is an awesome tall horse, and I won't get off him!

DOES NOT TALK... GET HER IN BED! I like this way of thinking...

- Asked by chesterdad, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 56-65, San Francisco

NO, it means she wants the man to get his head out of his ass for a few minutes and LISTEN to her, listen to words, cues, body language. You don't need to be a therapist. Just LISTEN. If some men would stop playing the 'women are always yackity yak selfish and self absorbed victims' line, all the while they puff out their chest and claim superiority, then maybe they could use that wasted energy to really get to know the very women who are pushing them away. We are not some super human creature, we just want more than to be told that we are overly emotional, clingy and desperate, just because we want to converse more than a "get me a beer" in 24 hours.
Relationships are all about communication. The reason you see so many questions on here from women wondering what her guy is thinking and saying, is because he DOES NOT talk to her any more than is necessary to get her in bed.

- Response by A Life of the Party, Female, Who Cares?

You are such an angry jaded man. You aren't far off some of the well known women haters here and your posts and responses clearly reflect it. Men and women can be assholes, just as they can both be perfectly nice. Get off your high horse.

- Response by cam80, A Thinker, Female, 29-35, Other Profession

When I tell my bf that he just doesn't understand what I really mean is he is trying to marginalize my experience and over simplify it as no big deal. But that is because he doesn't want to feel the negative energy I am experiencing.

If he was going through what I was going through he would be pretty scared, stressed and unhappy too.

- Response by meowmeowww, A Thinker, Female, 29-35

It's not the size of the tractor its how it moves.

Some people think others have no idea how the feel.