How do I make my relationship work with my boyfriend who is overly sensitive and extremely stubborn?
Dating / 4:49 PM - Tuesday March 08, 2011

My boyfriend is 31 and I am 25. He is extremely attentive and the best boyfriend I have ever had. He treats me extremely well and we have a lot of fun together. We have been together a year and I am starting to fear that there are some bigger issues than even I am aware of. He is extremely sensitive and we often joke that he is the girl in the relationship. The senstitivity doesn't usually bother me unless it turns into stubbornness. Whenever he gets upset about something he overreacts and digs his heels in. He refuses to see any side but his own and claims that no matter what the situation is, it unfair to him. He gets upset with me when I don't do what he thinks is the best thing for me. (example: taking the bus to work. If I drive its a big deal because its a waste of gas and I'm putting "unecessary" miles on my car)These little things become huge things and end up causing large fights. I don't want to be told what I should and shouldnt do and he wants me to take his concerns seriously. We recently had a huge fight that came close to resulting in a break up. We luckily got that issue cleared up, but now it's like he is picking every fight possible with me. When we first started dating he had gotten into an arguement with his mom and refused to talk to her for almost a year because she wouldn't tell him he was right. I'm just really unsure as to how I should be handling this type of thing. I tend to overreact sometimes and can also be stubborn as I have come out of a bad relationship in the past. I'm not sure if this is because I'm fighting so hard not to give in like I have in the past and that is what is causing this.

I need some advice as to how to handle these types of arguements and how I can make these things start to go away as I would really like this relationship to continue and grow.

I'll give you a simple, but wordly hint.

How a man treats his mother is how he is going to treat his future wife.

If you want my advice, his time with you should be long gone. He ain't gonna change. That's just how it is.

I would not date a man who did not speak to his mother for an entire year in the scenario you described. That would be a deal breaker for me.

If you want to know how a man will treat his wife, look at how he treats his mother.

My advice for you is hit Delete on your relationship with this guy and find a man who can express his ideas and thoughts in a rational, polite, and respectful manner.

Dump his punk ass. Problem solved. He's a whinny little wuss.