Is stuttering contagious? Can you develop into a stutterer?
Diet & Health / 10:56 PM - Tuesday February 22, 2011

I've never been a stutter and always felt that I had excellent speaking skills. I, unlike many people, don't even mind standing in front of an audience to speak. But lately, I've been extremely frustrated just forming words during simple conversations. It's most noticeable under pressure situations.

- Asked by cosmicdog0, A Guy Critical, Male, 56-65, Denver, Science / Engineering

You are under extreme pressure right now, either literally or perceived. That is all that is going on. If you have never had this problem in the past, chances are slim to none you will develop it now.

It is a disorder that you are born with. Even when you are born with it, therapy can treat it. So, there is really NOTHING for you to be overly concerned about, at this point in your life.

Be good to yourself and give yourself plenty of time and patience to accomplish the tasks at hand. This too shall pass. :)

Stuttering isn't contagious. If this is a sudden occurrence, you should go to a doctor-immediately. Could be a blood flow problem around the brain.

- Response by newyorkjoe, A Career Man, Male, 36-45, Lawyer

The Stuttering Foundation has great resources at www.stutteringhelp.org

- Response by An Intellectual Guy, Male, 66 or older, Indianapolis, Retired