Is it harmful to eat under-ripe fruits?
Diet & Health / 7:11 PM - Saturday February 19, 2011

Is it harmful to eat under-ripe fruits?

I crave fruit that is not ripe (mostly berries, bananas, sometimes oranges, etc.). Is eating these harmful or not? I can't seem to find anything online addressing it, so I'm guessing it's not that common. Does anyone else feel like green fruits?

Look at it this way... you have a banana on Monday that is not ripe. Take that same banana forward in time ten days out.

You at one on the first day and again on the last.

Would EITHER one of them make you sick? No. One might taste a lot better than the other, but neither will make you sick.

In one culture or another, UN-ripe fruit is eaten just like we eat it ripe. It is all a matter of CULTURE and habits.

Yes, unripened fruit is bad for you. It is too acidic and will give you a belly ache and diarrhea. It doesn't fill you up either, which may make you overeat. You need to let your fruit ripen, okay?

green fruit.. could go somewhere with that but I wont. bullshit aside, don't think thats an issue

- Response by tytbo, A Guy Critical, Male, 56-65, Indianapolis, Who Cares?

Is it the bitterness you crave? The only problem with green fruits is that they can cause diarrhea if eaten excessively. Google the individual fruit and see what it says. I know citrus and bananas definately aren't a problem.

- Response by cam80, A Career Woman, Female, 29-35