Why does my husband leave and stay away for however long he chooses when he is angry?
Married Life / 12:41 PM - Wednesday February 16, 2011

why does my husband leave and stay away for however long he chooses when he is angry?

He will not take any responsibility is our issues. He tells me it is all my fault, demeans me and threatens to not come back. This has happened several times in our 8 years of marriage. Our anniversary came and went without communication.why does he do this and what should I do?

Update: February 17, 2011.
I did file for divorce. I am a talented artist, a faithful friend, a good mother, a fabulous sister, a caring daughter, a wife that only wants to help her husband grow, a bitch sometimes, a lover and caretaker most. I will get my shine back and I won't allow anyone to take it from me again., Thankyou for the little extra oompaw that will get me over the top of this mountain.

- Asked by A Creative, Female, 56-65

He does it because he's selfish, immature, abusive prick.

What you should do is, while he's gone - pack all his shit, throw it out on the front lawn and change all the locks on the house.

simple answer - he's an asshole.

Sounds like an a$$hole and he does it cause you've let him continue to do it for 8 years. Next time tell him to not let the door hit him on the way out.

- Response by rexy67, A Sweet Sarah, Female, 46-55, Who Cares?

Maybe he thinks the same about you? We have no reason for his anger. He just gets mad to get mad? You side of the story sounds all dandy and all but without more details it's hard to side with anyone.

Because he is selfish, miserable and more interested in his own gratification than he is in you or your relationship.

Because he is an immature, cold hearted bastard and you need to leave him but you won't, so why do you ask?

TO ME,IT SOUND'S LIKE HE DON'T CARE ABOUT YOUR FEELING'S OR ABOUT ANYONE BUT HIMSELF.IT'S OK TO TAKE TIME TO COOL OFF,BUT TO PUT ALL THE BLAME ON YOU IS NOT RIGHT!!IF YOU CAN'T GET THE COMMUNICATION GOING,THAN IT'S TIME TO FIND A LAWYER,IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN.

- Response by tudorcat, Female, 56-65, Columbus, Home Maker

Sounds like an unhealthy relationship to me. I feel sad for you.

Without details, there's not much anyone can do for you to fix this. I mean, one question is, has he been like this the entire time you guys dated and married or is this more recent change?

- Response by alogist1234, A Rebel, Male, 36-45, Chicago

why does he do this and what should I do?

Get a real man...

- Response by A Creative, Male, 56-65, Transportation

He runs away to avoid taking responsibility for your issues. If he acknowledges those issues in ANY way, he will have to take some responsibility for resolving them, and he does not want to do that. He is happier blaming you, suggesting that YOU have to resolve them all by yourself since YOU are the cause.

Marriage counseling might help, but also individual therapy for him to help him understand why he's acting immature and to learn how to communicate and act like a mature adult. Individual counseling for you might also help you understand why you let him get away with this. If he never comes back, how would that hurt you?

Because he is selfish and immature. He does not love you the way you deserve.
Discuss getting some marriage counseling. If he refuses, get divorced. Life is MUCH too short for this BS.