How can you tell if someone is after you for your money?
Jokes, Polls & Anything Else / 12:41 PM - Tuesday February 15, 2011

I need specifics here

- Asked by thekissbandit, A Thinker, Female, 29-35

they only want to be around you for what you can give them. like if they only want to see you around holidays and birthdays etc.
or they tell you they would like to go out for lunch or something, but state that they have no money. or they ask for a quick loan but never pay you back.
things like that

- Response by fondacox, A Trendsetter, Female, 36-45

They have no money themselves
They borrow money and call it gifts
They are too quick to want to move in or get engaged
They refuse to sign pre nuptials
They are over 10 years younger but not always
They have a past of being chronically unemployed and look for women who can support them.
They buy rings on payment plans that you end up paying
They want their names on titles of homes without contributing a dime
I am sure there is a longer list. Never reveal your assets to a date and check them out. Rosey

Let's just say...in your heart you know who would be with you the morning you had to go in for a lonnnnnnnnnnnng and critical surgery.....and who would nurse you back to health..help you with getting prescriptions,getting to doctors appts and helping you with the pain management and rehab...

The money grabbers won't be there then..they'll be bizzzzy...

But if there is a penny left over after an estate has been foreclosed...they will be there grinning and wanting their share.....

It is all to easy to see if you step back and view the whole picture...

- Response by lady4u, A Married Girl, Female, 56-65, Cincinnati, Who Cares?

Well in my case, first I'd have to have some.....LOL

- Response by rexy67, A Sweet Sarah, Female, 46-55, Who Cares?

I honestly can't give you any advice in this area, because I still think the man I have been with for over 2 years is with me for the my money. So if you get some good advice, please forward it my way. Then let me know how you put an end to it if you already love them......

- Response by twobinspired4u, A Cool Mom, Female, 36-45, Who Cares?

Have you tried asking? It usually works. You may have to read them in case they are lying but you will get the answer.

- Response by perkyjen1, A Life of the Party, Female, 29-35, Boston

When they ask you about your finances.

- Response by size008, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 66 or older, New York, Retired

Not something you have to worry about when you dont really have all that much money but I'd think it would be obvious. They would always be sitting around waiting for you to pay for everything and asking for money or loans or cosignatures.

Anytime a man (um, boy really) hits a woman up for money, he's is in it for the money & a user.
For instance, if you're paying the rent while he's mooching on the couch all day playing video games, eating up your food, hitting you up for loans, burning up your expensive gas, driving your car riding around checking out other woman instead of looking for a job, not paying child support, unemployed, etc. talk about a real gem?!!!.
A man that has it going on in all aspects would never hit a woman up for money, use her or take her for granted. The sad thing ladies is that no man could ever treat you this way unless you allow him to. A lot of ladies tolerate such pathetic behavior from guys which is sad.

- Response by syncaset, A Creative, Male, 46-55, Dallas, Artist / Musician / Writer

I dunno, maybe if her ex owes her like $7,000 and he only pays her $260 a month, then that might make her go after someone's money.

Don't you think?

- Response by hubbyochris, A Life of the Party, Male, 46-55, Cleveland, Executive

Try lying? sometimes it works...
Tell that person how you dont have a job anymore and that your now TOTALLY broke and need some money from HIm/her..if they can help u out... THEY ARE NOT AFTER UR MONEY ;) If not... then Thats ur answer right there.

- Response by vannedycin, A Life of the Party, Female, 22-25, Toronto, Student

WHEN U HAVE NONE LEFT!!

- Response by jojo914, A Thinker, Female, 36-45, Who Cares?

Actually, if you even wonder if they're after you for your money, chances are the people in question usually are. Otherwise you wouldn't have to think about it. Your unconscious picks up a lot of nonverbal signals and translates them into a conscious qualm / impression. Believe your impressions. They almost always mean well for you.

I have to say, even though it's off topic, that if I were single I'd be after you for that lovely arse of yours. ;) (((hugs))) How have you been, gf?

Move to a tourist town. You will meet so many scam artists and guys after money, and beach bums trying to live off of you, that it will come to you second nature. You will peg them right away, and get keen on whose lying and gaydar, and hustlers.

- Response by travelchic, A Creative, Female, 29-35, Self-Employed

I'm assuming your talking about a man! so...if he seems to be to damn good ...then you better look out.

- Response by hotair, A Father Figure, Male, 66 or older, New Orleans, Transportation

If they seem to be in a rush for a commitment or to move in for you, lack of money on their part may be the case. That and "forgetting" their wallet when they take you on a date (have had this happen to me before), or talking all the time about how broke they are, hinting around that they need help.

Look at what they have or dont have..then you get the idea of what they want....money...love... car...clothes...romance ...it all comes out in the wash.

- Response by hwyrider, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 56-65, Retired