How does a 50 Year old Woman go about meeting a really nice guy? I don't know any as friends...
Dating / 8:53 PM - Sunday February 06, 2011

I have been married for 23 years and divorced for three..

- Asked by lookingmyself, A Cool Mom, Female, 46-55, Who Cares?

Step one, stop thinking about age. Step two, keep yourself looking hotter than a firecracker. Step three. Reinvent youself & dress out of your comfort zone, yet look incredible. Get a makeover if you could use one. Step five. Once you're looking DDG, flirt your a** off! lol

- Response by syncaset, A Creative, Male, 46-55, Dallas, Artist / Musician / Writer

First, you don't want a "Nice Guy". Nice Guys have such a bad stereotype cachet, it's become a joke. Google for "Nice Guy Syndrome", and see for yourself. Nice Guys are losers. The internet is flooded with dating advisors and Pickup Artists, trying to retrain Nice Guys to become successful at dating, plus life in general.
What you want is a Good Man, and "Integrated Male". They are rare.

Next: This brings up a topic I've discussed before. Here you are, "Free At Last", and you have NO personal interests or hobbies to turn to. You made your now-ex give up all the things he enjoyed, because "We're married now", and he has to COMMIT. Since the divorce, he's been told repeatedly to pursue all those things he let go of, and regain his sense-of-self, his IDENTITY. He was already on a valid path of self discovery, but it was cut short, by MARRIAGE. What did YOU give up? Probably nothing. That's why you're here. See where this is going?
I know lots of women your age and mine, who spend their free time travelling with gal-pals, pursuing their neglected hobbies, or they buy that horse they always wanted. They have so much fun, the idea of meeting men goes out the window. (I don't dare tell you what my step-mother does to fill her days-- she's a serious Alpha-type... it's a lot of civic stuff, in addition to running the ice cream business. She's VERY well known here in town.)

It's why I typically go home at night, and mind my own business.
The men are out there, and plenty of them. The numbers are in your favor, since women our age shun us. You thought we only want to meet younger women? Wrong! Mature women take themselves off the market.
We are everywhere. Get involved in outdoor recreation activities-- hiking, biking, birdwatching, there are groups for everyone. Join the local dance clubs; ballroom, swing, contra, squares, salsa, it's all good.
Join the fitness center and get back in shape, men will pay a lot more attention if you do. My last ex wasn't overweight, just out of shape. She had a bad horse accident, and I'm sure she was injured a lot more because she's so flabby.
I play Civil War on weekends and most of the people you'll meet in that are men. The women enjoy playing dressup! It's a bona-fide educational hobby, and these people are truly dedicated. Don't let it intimidate you. They want your presence. I do school programs, I've appeared on the big screen, parades, along with regular reenactments.
Join Toastmasters-- what a boost that will be! They engage in public speaking competitions, and it does wonders for your projection. It really puts you "out there". Your self confidence will go so high, you'll feel like you can do anything.

i'm a really nice guy....but, i can only be a friend...mrs. mamu won't let me date anymore....

- Response by mamu, A Guy Critical, Male, Who Cares?, Who Cares?

Attend dances.

- Response by size008, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 66 or older, New York, Retired

Take dance lessons.

- Response by stanorocks, A Guy Critical, Male, 36-45, Denver, Therapist

Why don't you take a poll, and find out how many men would join YOUR bachelor cooking class?

First off you got to not be afraid to show yourself.