Why does my ex suddenly care?
Dating / 12:55 PM - Sunday January 30, 2011

Why does my ex suddenly care?

My ex and I broke up two months ago, we're still friends. We do talk daily via text. He is also on my fb page.

So he usually doesn't bother me, nor does he sometimes talk to me via text. Anyways I posted on my fb wall status: Going out tonight with the girls.

When I was at the restaurant, I got a text and surprising it was from him. He told me not to drink too much tonight, and I rarely drink. I realized he reads my wall and now suddenly texts me.

I texted back, I won't. Then suddenly he starts texting me back, and the whole entire night I was out, he would NOT stop texting me. Then he says, how he is stuck at home and I am out there enjoying myself.

1. It's a girls night out which means no men!
2. We're not together!!
3. Why was he letting me know he doesn't like being home? He has friends!

Was he afraid I might move on? I still care for him, won't admit it. Or did he want to hang out? Do normal ex bf's do this??

- Asked by rubiesfire82, A Thinker, Female, 29-35

I don't know how "normal" it is, but it's not that uncommon.
If he was out having fun himself, he probably wouldn't be doing all that texting. But he wasn't, and you were, and he was bored and probably feeling a little jealous. That doesn't necessarily mean he wants you back. But if you want him back, put down the keyboard and talk to him in person. He might feel the same way, but fb and texting are not the best ways to find out.

ex's never like knowing that we are okay with the break up and moving on. they want us to be home crying over them like its the end of the world.. you showed him wrong and maybe that bothered him. he might still care about you, but i believe he was just bored at home and wanted to ruin your night by texting you all night and not letting you fully enjoy yourself.

- Response by jojo914, A Thinker, Female, 36-45, Who Cares?

He didn't want you to flirt, etc. with other dudes. He wanted to see if he still hase any control over you (to see if you'll respond to his texts instead of enjoying your night). Sounds like this is one ex-BF/BG situation that will not work staying friends. You either need to talk and get back together or drop him completely. You can't have the in between in this case. ... Unless of course, you like the torture. lol

- Response by mtnluv29, A Thinker, Female, 36-45, Self-Employed

That Boy is pulling your strings like a puppet.... He may as well have a remote Control..... But you make it pretty easy just the same