My boss singles me out in every meeting. What should I do? Now I just dismiss it and smile.
Career / 9:01 PM - Saturday January 29, 2011

I know it's obvious to my co workers like why he calls your name at every meeting? I try to act as if it's not an issue, but he does it so much that it really has become addictive. I am the only female who he does this too, and he's an older male.

- Asked by A Career Woman, Female, 36-45, Science / Engineering

In a good way or a bad way? He uses you for a good example or bad? If good, you must be blushing in the meetings! lol. Or if bad, you may be blushing in the meetings from embarrassment! :-(

- Response by syncaset, A Creative, Male, 46-55, Dallas, Artist / Musician / Writer

Either your a great worker or he likes you a lottt.

- Response by sunny396e, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 46-55, Atlanta

Sounds like a serious "crush" to me. As long as he don't cross the line, I would be a little flattered. Just let it roll off your shoulder, just like you seem to be doing. Great job girl!

- Response by theresatask21, A Thinker, Female, 46-55

If that's something that makes you uncomfortable or gives you problems with co-workers .. talk to your boss privately about it.

Maybe it's totally innocent or maybe he's flirting. Either way, if it bothers you ... you have a right to discuss it with him.

You say it is obvious to your co-workers. . .do you know? Why (in their perception or yours) is he singling you out?
Without knowing that, I can't honestly advise you how to proceed.

- Response by txfox76, A Creative, Female, 36-45, Houston, Teaching

You must be model employee, and he wants your co-workers to follow suit, or you're living on the edgeand the pink slip's coming.

- Response by 2jacksam, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 56-65, Denver, Self-Employed

I would not make an issue of this. Laugh it off. In this economy the less you make an issue of the better. Play along with it. If you can make a light joke of it at the meeting or just smile and pretend like his singling you out never happened. If you confront him on this in a private meeting you might make him defensive and cause friction between you and him.

- Response by lover454, An Engaged Girl, Female, 56-65