Today is my sweet daughter's 23rd Birthday!!! what is the perfect gift???
Family & Parenting / 2:12 PM - Saturday January 29, 2011

What should I get my daughter for her Birthday???
I got her a couple small gifts that her little sis picked out for her, but I wan't something rare...
Give me your idea's!

- Asked by jamiesangel777, A Cool Mom, Female, 46-55

New tires for her car, A huge bunch of groceries, a framed and engraved picture of you and her saying "no matter what Baby - I will always love you, I promise. Mom". Converse Sneakers or 100 bucks.

Let me know what you decide.... Your little girl is entering this unexpected real world. -Gulliver

- Response by stick4013, A Creative, Male, 66 or older, Artist / Musician / Writer

money and gift cards are always great. but if you want something rare, how about a collage of photos of her childhood til now. something to look back on, great memories. maybe a mother/daughter day at the spa then dinner

- Response by jojo914, A Thinker, Female, 36-45, Who Cares?

I don't know if you have a Glamour Shots in your town, but a massage, makeover, and hair style would be a great gift for her. And it isn't really that expensive either.
Glamour Shots does makeup/hairdo/beautiful photography for their clients.

- Response by A Thinker, Female, 36-45, Houston, Consulting

You mentioned she is 23 now, so I assume she wears make-up?? If so, Estee Lauder puts out a great make-up kit with so many different pieces of make-up, and it's really not all that expensive! You can also find Estee Lauder products at Macy's. If not make-up, how about a beautiful jewelry box with a ballerina in it? I always loved those, even as an adult, b/c it reminded me of when I was a little girl, and I absolutely want to hold on to those memories! Well, good luck!!

- Response by suzyscorp, A Trendsetter, Female, 46-55, Who Cares?

Have you seen the Pandora charm bracelet? You start with the bare bracelet and give charms over the years that are unique in meaning to her and your family. They are quite beautiful, although if you go with the gold it is a big investment. The silver one is beautiful and there are other options.

Not rare...but wonderful.

When possible, I try and get a little alone time with my girls on their b-days...just mommy/daughter time. We enjoy that! :)

Buy her something you know she would like to have; something she has expressed in the recent past that she'd love having.

Sam's club and some photography shops have what is called a photo book --- it's not an album, it's photos you pick,and it is made into an actual book--- So lovely, you could tell a story of pics of her, from a baby on ... that would be a special gift. :)

- Response by travelchic, A Creative, Female, 29-35, Self-Employed

Well I know what I would do I would make her a certificate like they give for graduation, but this one would be for being such a Beautiful person, and daughter in my life. You can think of what you would like it to be like. You can get programs for computers to make them. Then I would get a reservation some place for a dinner just for the two of you, and I would have some flowers ordered for her that would be sitting on the table when we arrived. I would have the certificate sitting with the flowers so that would be the first thing she would notice when you get there. You may also want to have a locket with both of your picture together on it there also as a small gift with the flowers. It is not the size of the gift it is the meaning of the gift as I am sure you know.

- Response by rogerrabbitxoxo, A Creative, Male, 56-65, Transportation

Pick a very fond memory and relive it. It will be special.

- Response by Ghostrider8t0, A Guy Critical, Male, Who Cares?, Technical

I hope her birthday is the best yet.Get her a sirius sattleite radio.Or some thing to do with music.

Black Hills Gold?

- Response by myrtletyrtle, A Creative, Female, 46-55, Who Cares?

My daughter scuba dives so I bought her a scuba dive notebook where she can keep information in and it's waterproof. She wants a scuba watch, and things like this. Have her give you a gift list that you can use all year long. My daughter sent me her wish list from Amazon.com. This takes the guesswork out of it and you immediately start shopping for the gifts.

- Response by roniroca, A Player, Female, 56-65, Denver, Administrative

Maybe something special that means a lot? Such as a nice necklace if she like jewelry. Or, a thoughtful gift can mean a lot too, no matter what it is. For instance, my Mom remember I really liked this brand of scarves and randomly got me one when it was on sale! :) It was nice to know she noticed/remembered/care d.

- Response by listen2music4fun, A Sweet Sarah, Female, 22-25