How can I get my boyfriend stop being mad at me?
Dating / 2:54 PM - Friday January 28, 2011

my boyfriend got mad because I didn't call him at 9:30 am like I was suppose 2 I over slept he called me mad thought I was with another man but I wasnt, the next thing I kno my phone accidentally hung up on him because I didn't charge on my phone he thought I hung up on purpose. when I put my phone on the charger I called him and he didn't want 2 talk 2 me cause of something so petty and stupid should I give him a couple of days 2 cool off or what help me please

- Asked by maemonroe55, A Trendsetter, Female, 22-25, Student

Your boyfriend sounds like the typical woman to me.

- Response by An Intellectual Guy, Male, 36-45, Teaching

Sounds like he's pretty insecure with your relationship. Why would he think you were with someone else??

I hope this doesn't happen all the time ... if it does .. that's a big red flag and maybe not something you want in your life.

Unless you've given him reason not to trust you ... he really shouldn't have reacted that way.

- Response by mrscleaver16, A Married Girl, Female, 56-65

Well, everybody seems ready to bash this guy's face in, but we only know your side of the story. Anyway, I'm not going to pretend to know the dynamics of your relationship with your boyfriend, so let's just focus on the immediate thing which is your question.

I would suggest sending him a facebook message, text, or e-mail. Explain it to him like you explained it here and ask him to let it go. He'll calm down and give you a call soon enough. Best of luck.

- Response by howjm, A Guy Critical, Male, 29-35, Managerial

Try dating a grownup.
Your "boyfriend" is a bitch.

- Response by stanorocks, A Guy Critical, Male, 36-45, Denver, Therapist

Sounds jealous to me. Insecure men are jealous. It may be flattering for you for a bit---but--it will get old fast. Date around, you're young.

- Response by bobbysg1rl, A Cool Mom, Female, 66 or older

You can't "get" your boyfriend to stop being mad at you. You don't control his feelings, HE does.

So if he wants to act like a whiney toddler, let him. Stop calling him - you have nothing to apologize for, other than missing that 9am call. If something that harmless makes him think you were with another man, he's an idiot, and he's counting on you to go crawling to him and try to "make him feel better." Screw that. Let him call you when he decides to quit acting like a prick.

He's immature and acting like what he is...a kid. It's up to you as to whether or not you want to wait. Bottomline: is he worth it?

hun, you cannot get your bf to stop being mad at you.
personally, if it was an accident, he is acting like a child.
he needs go get a life.

He's acting like a spoiled moron. You are with the wrong guy. He controls when you call him? Tell him to act like a grown up, if you wanted someone else, you would BE with someone else.
I wouldn't put up with him AT ALL. Don't know why you would.

Is he always this controlling and distrustful or is this a new behavior? I am thinking he might have a guilty conscience and just wants to find a reason to get angry at you. I would let him cool off and start thinking of why he is acting this way

When he calls you, tell him to grow up, show you some respect and buy an alarm clock; since when have you been responsible for his life?

Give him a couple of days? Surely you aren't thinking of calling him?

- Response by A Player, Female, 46-55

You know what honey, you need to stand your ground with him. Let him know straight up that he needs to stop acting like a kid and be a man. Until than he doesnt need to talk to you. I think he is insecure about himself and that he always worried about what you are doing. He needs to go on somewhere else. :)

- Response by A Thinker, Female, 29-35, Medical / Dental

The universe has a way of protecting us! Its funny that your phone hung up as he was going on his little tirade. Consider yourself lucky...consider yourself done with him. He sounds a bit controlling and you are too young to deal with that right now...hopefully you'll never have to.

At most, move on and if in time he comes around and apologizes, befriend him from a distance.

- Response by kizzy75, A Thinker, Female, 36-45, Who Cares?

Buy him a new toy.

I guess you are datin a control freak no???
Perhaps you can set up a 3way to make everyone happy next time...

- Response by movi, A Guy Critical, Male, 46-55, Administrative

You cannot.

You cannot "make" anyone feel anything they don't want to feel, just like no one can make you feel anything you don't let them.

You didn't do what he wanted and he got mad. Boo hoo.
You have to ask yourself - why is this such a big deal? If you can find a reasonable answer, good for you. If you cannot, then it's a yellow flag, maybe worse.

Your "boyfriend" sounds a bit hysterical if this is "all" that has happened. If he over-reacts to things regularly, then you are not in a good relationship - and at your age this is developing a bad habit not good relationship skills - and you should consider leaving.

If this is a truly unusual event, then he'll just have to get over it. And in a day or two when he stops being mad - his choice, not yours - you will be able to talk it over. If you can then laugh about this as just a big mess that you've learned something from, good for you. If not...

Not all relationships are meant to last "forever," and the things that bring about their end can be dramatic or simple. But the key is that you recognize when a "relationship" has reached it's natural end.

And honestly, this sounds like WAY too much drama and too much of a distraction to a "student" to be healthy for you.

- Response by tooluser, A Career Man, Male, 36-45