My girlfriend wants to party without me
Dating / 9:45 AM - Tuesday January 25, 2011

my girlfriend wants to party without me

My girlfriend who is 16 wants to go to a house party with all the local idiots who take drugs fight etc , she tells me that she is friends with them , but im worried that when she goes to this house party on saturday that she will get pressured to cheat , take drugs , drink to much or something like that , im really worried what shall i do ? i have a feeling if i tell her not to go she will go anyways...

call her parents and tell them that she needs to be put on a curfew and have her allowance taken away for a week. see how that works, and get right back to us with the outcome, okay?

sixteen, eh?

I dunno.....find a new girlfriend?

- Response by drumboi2, A Guy Critical, Male, 56-65, Retired

Dump her...if she doesn't want to hang with you, you should just move on. That is what being in a relationship is all about...having stuff in common and spendig time together. She doesn't seem to be that for you...

I would ask her if she minded you going to a house party with a bunch of girls doing drugs and drinking without her. If she says she is fine with it, she isn't for you. No one who really cares for someone would put themselves in that position or want their loved one in that position.

- Response by kanaka, A Life of the Party, Male, 46-55, Dallas, Executive

That's not a girlfriend!!! Dump her if she goes. She's 16 and naive and easily influenced by those who are up to no good....

- Response by richard77, A Jock, Male, Who Cares?, Self-Employed

What makes you think you can tell her not to go? Either you trust her or you don't. If you don't trust her, why is she your girlfriend?

If it really bothers you, why not go to the party with her?

- Response by mikehug, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 46-55, Cleveland

How about NOT dating a child?

She's 16. Need I say more?

Apparently I do. She's still a child. She hangs out with people who do drugs and drink. And you don't trust her not to cheat on you.

Maybe you should stop worrying about what she's doing and rethink this relationship altogether. And if you're really 18-21 years old, try dating someone your own age or older, before you get yourself into a much bigger problem than this. KWIM?

First, you're not her "keeper". At 16, her parents should be more involved in knowing where she is and what's she's doing.

Not sure how old you are either ...

If you think she's going to do those things and you care about her ... you'll tell her parents and have them handle it.

Best idea would be to find another girlfriend.

- Response by mrscleaver16, A Married Girl, Female, 56-65

Show me who you hang with and I will show you who you ARE!!!

Personally i would go out too then, but make sure you let her know that you don't want her to go. Make sure you state your reason and be honest most of all

- Response by ricklarry, A Hip Hop Guy, Male, 22-25

first of all, if i was her parents she would be grounded for life. second, why are u dating a 16 year old??? 3rd, why would she want to go without you??? you are her bf and if she doesn't let u go then she is definitely hiding something... good luck

- Response by jojo914, A Thinker, Female, 29-35, Who Cares?

The best advice anyone can give you is that 16 year old girls are curious and dating a 16 year old girl is bad news. This girl is obvously looking to hang out with guys who will take advantage of her young nieve self. women are tough to handle and they do what they want not matter who it affects. Best advice for you is to let her go and make her own mistakes> when she catches the clap or watches her friend overdose, blackout and get taken advantage of.... or this happens to her than maybe shell see that hanging with townies gets you NOWHERE in life. if your over 18 move on dude. you want a woman with goals... not a drunken 16 yr old girl whos like a dead fish in the bedroom.

- Response by A Hip Hop Guy, Male, 26-28

She's not your girlfriend. She's an immature girl who has a very free spirit. A partner doesn't behave this way. Take my advice and move on. She won't really miss you.

- Response by rhunt0210, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 46-55, Other Profession

You just need to find someone more mature, and who's not stupid. Sorry, but 16 year olds (especially girls) are dumb, they don't seem to know any better. I did a LOT of stupid shit when I was that age.

- Response by proudmom88, An Alternative Girl, Female, 22-25, Atlanta

If you trust her, you trust her not to cheat or do stupid stuff.

If you don't trust her, there's not relationship anyway.

- Response by windlord, A Guy Critical, Male, 26-28, Who Cares?

Call her parent(s) and call the cops - the people who are throwing the party can get into big trouble for having a minor in their midst - which your girlfriend is.

- Response by myrtletyrtle, A Cool Mom, Female, 46-55, Who Cares?

Nothing to worry about bro. You have a real keeper there. You should totally get married to her and get her preggers. That way, she'll be more inclined to stay at home and it will totally help you and her bond. You and her have something really special. Don't lose it!

- Response by clarkgriswold, A Guy Critical, Male, 36-45

Of course she's going to cheat and have fun. She is 16 and since Girls just wanna have fun anyway, she's using her time to do just that. This is why I never dated girls that just HAD to party, drink, do drugs or had to have those nights out with the GF's. They almost always cheat and screw around either consciously or because of the drugs and drinking so they can't be trusted.

If she wants to party WITHOUT you...again, that alone tells you ALL you need to know. It means she's almost always going to cheat in some form which is of course, why she doesn't want you around.

This you must remember: Birds of the same feather flock together.

- Response by donau20, A Sweet Sarah, Female, 29-35, Artist / Musician / Writer

I dont worry about my woman when she goes out without me. Mostly because i realize how awesome i am. Her cheating on me would be like going back to hamburgers after eatin filet mignon.

In reality tho, you're dating a 16 yr old girl...good luck with that.

- Response by mrsavage, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 29-35, Who Cares?

Well...you can't 'tell her not to go'.....but her parents can! So....hopefully ....if you are as squeaky clean as you want her to be...and you have a good relationship with her parents (and you should if she is only 16)....then let them know without her knowing that you told them and let them be the ones to do the parenting by asking who's going to be there....can we stop in to drop you off and talk to the host's parents....ect. ect....

- Response by A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, Who Cares?, Who Cares?