I was told that farting is passed down on the fathers genetic code.
Diet & Health / 6:43 PM - Monday January 24, 2011

If your father farted alot you have a higher chance of lifting your leg at while and letting one blast.
And if your father was a reticent gas passer you are more likely to have a dog to blame your silent but deadlys on.

- Asked by joybird, A Creative, Female, Who Cares?, Therapist

where do you find this crap?? at work? haha the dog really did use to do it a lot...that's a chichuaua.

lol my husband sure got that farting gene from his father. they both fart and it's like wow take cover

- Response by motherof12006, A Cool Mom, Female, 29-35, Who Cares?

lol. Don't say that! I would really rather not play the same symphonies as my father.

- Response by dogrn, A Hippie Chick, Female, 36-45, Who Cares?

Very True...My Dad still lets em loose big enough to Sink the Titanic like a WWII Depth Charge...And I'm right there to Carry on this Family Gift !!

- Response by hedo2nj, A Player, Male, 36-45, Other Profession

My sister classifies families as burpers or farters. We're burpers. When we cut loose, it might hurt ears but never noses.

blame it on the "barking spiders" every time...

- Response by mamu, A Guy Critical, Male, Who Cares?, Who Cares?

Really! I never heard this before, but it doesn't surprise me. It was my impression that passing gas pertains more to one's diet rather than genetics.

- Response by daugenstine, A Career Man, Male, 36-45, Teaching