My vagina smells like vinegar
Sex & Intimacy / 11:17 AM - Saturday January 22, 2011

My vagina smells like vinegar

I'm a very clean person, I'm sure I have no infection or anything wrong down there. I never ever have a fishy type of smell. I shower in the morning and often before I get in there, if I'm doing yoga or something I can detect this slightly acidic, vinegarey smell down there. What causes this? Also any underwear I have get tiny holes in the crotch, like there's acid in my vagina! BTW my husband has never complained, he does not notice, but I am usually very "clean" down there when we are intimate.

I have the same thing, actually, and I'm very clean as well. I did some research and apparently it's a condition called vaginitis and if you go to a good GYN then they should be able to prescribe something. It's a mild "infection" where the normal balance of bacteria and pH gets out of control somehow and it has nothing to do with how clean you are. However, in my research I have seen that it doesn't go away with some women. Hopefully that won't be the case for us!

- Response by A Thinker, Female, 29-35, Student

Wash ur vagina with just water soap can make it smell different and cause infections.

- Response by motherof12006, A Cool Mom, Female, 26-28, Who Cares?

Do you douche? that could be it, especially if your using vinegar. Most pharmacies have OTC vaginal infection PH readers. I'd pick one up and see what it tells you?

- Response by attenuation, A Thinker, Female, 22-25, Cincinnati, Financial / Banking

That's better then your vinegar smeling like vagina, that's for sure

- Response by saman, A Life of the Party, Male, 29-35, Who Cares?