Why did i only have my period for three days?
Diet & Health / 2:42 PM - Friday January 14, 2011

I got my period early this month which isn't abnormal i have had it early before. But the weird thing that happened was i only had it for three days i usually have it for a week. I have been feeling sick most of the week tho'e like i am coming down with something.

- Asked by carolcarr, A Thinker, Female, 26-28, Tampa

If you are on the pill, that is normal. Some people take the pill to normalize their periods and to scale down the days to 3 or 4.

If you aren't, then there maybe hormonal changes that are affecting your period to scale down abnormally. It could be a factor or stress, late nights, less sleep, travel, strenuous activities, etc.

That's how it is for me at least. I'm no doctor, but I watch my period and observe changes when they happen.

- Response by shalemar, A Life of the Party, Female, 36-45, Los Angeles

hey anna.... are you on birth control, or did you switch birth control.. there is nothing really abnormal getting your menstral for 3 days.. i got mine for 3 days since the begining, and when i got my tubes tied then it went to a day and a half.. i loved it.. don't worry but just to clear things up and take some of the worry from you talk to your gyn... stress can also add to a change in your menstral... good luck girl.

- Response by mburgos, A Cool Mom, Female, 46-55, Philadelphia, Who Cares?