My boyfriend never tells me he thinks I'm beautiful, or compliments me at all...Is this a bad sign?
Dating / 9:42 PM - Thursday January 13, 2011

We have been dating for a while now and I feel like it would ease my worries for him to occasionally let me know how he feels about me, but he rarely does.

- Asked by ellebelle44, A Creative, Female, 22-25

That's a bad sign. If he can't do it when you're just dating, don't ever expect it to get better.

- Response by chessplayer, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 36-45, Administrative

I'm going thru the same thing...my ex used to tell me that i was sexy and beautiful all the time but my new current bf doesn't say it at all....i guess its just a difference in personalities...but u can always ask him about it

- Response by A Hip Hop Girl, Female, 29-35, Administrative

If someone is with you they are probably attracted to you, so there's that.

But it really does suck to get no compliments whatsoever. Does he show you he cares in other ways? Something to think about. Different people have different ways of showing love.

- Response by steveharrymike, A Creative, Male, 46-55, Los Angeles, Artist / Musician / Writer

it is lovely when our men give us compliments and it makes us feel good about ourselves and solidifies that they want us and think we are sexy etc..but some people just aren't the type to hand out compliments. I only give out compliments if I really feel that way but I do like to give them!!

- Response by fondacox, A Trendsetter, Female, 36-45

how often you see each other may have some affect on the way he relates to you. If you only see each other once or twice a week, then of course he should be glad to see you and say how great you look. other wise he is just a doofus. if you see each other every day or maybe even living together then he isn't going to tell you, you are beautiful every time he sees you. you wouldn't believe him anyway. also men sometimes don't notice subtle changes. you may have on a new top or changed the color of your lipstick. without seeming needy, you could simply point out the changes. "how do you like my new dress, or I colored my hair, what do you think" unless he is a complete idiot he is going to tell you how great you look. men are not as smart as you think. they need help sometimes to notice the effort you put in to look good. you are putting in the effort, right? good luck

- Response by 03batman, A Mr. Married Guy, Male, 56-65, Medical / Dental

It could be a bad sign or it could be that he doesn't know how to express himself. A lot of guys don't understand how important it is to tell a woman those things. It doesn't necessarily mean they don't think those things. On the other hand, there are some real jerks out there that just treat woman bad. Its hard to say without more information.

- Response by clarkgriswold, A Guy Critical, Male, 36-45

Why do you feel so insecure that you need to fish for compliments? None of the women I've dated have offered me any special compliments, and I'm not bummed about it.