How can I make prison tattoo ink?
Sex & Intimacy / 11:12 PM - Monday January 10, 2011

How can I make prison tattoo ink?

I saw a good prison movie last night and decided today that a prison "tat" is what I need to be tougher in my "hood"!

So, I have a needle and one of my gamer bros told me I need special ink! Well, I know cons can't get tattoo ink so what do they use????

And I don't want to hear no crap about I shouldn't cuz I need something to stop my big brother and his friends from giving me wedgies, hittin me and other immature crap!!! My only alternative is to break out and go all Chuck Norris on them and I wont cuz I don't need a friggin murder beef on my record!!!

Nothing like mom or navy, just the Aryan Brotherhood symbol!!! Something that says I got "backup" don't mess with me!!!

Thanks!

Update: January 11, 2011.
FYI: mburgos is the only one that gave an answer that wouldn't seriously screw you up! THE correct answer is Indian or Pelican ink and the most common "jailhouse tat" ink is made by burning chess pieces and taking the residue collected from the smoke and mixing that with shampoo. (I checked. ;-P)

- Asked by coolstud, A Life of the Party, Male, Who Cares?, Portland, Self-Employed

As for 'special ink,' the type that's used in prison is usually ink from a ballpoint pen.

If you don't have to get your tattoo drawn 'prison style' I strongly suggest that you don't because their idea of a tattoo gear is a makeshift needle taped to a pencil/toothbrush/etc. and the aforementioned ink. A lot of guys who get their ink that way usually fall prey to all sorts of infections. Usually staphyloccus aureus.

As for a tough tattoo, and since you're leaning towards the caucasian persuasion. Here are some ideas: "S.W.P" or "Filthy Few" or The Phineas Priest Symbol or "1%"

- Response by benedictine, A Guy Critical, Male, 29-35, Detroit, Other Profession

bic ball-point, if you need to you can cut the tube to a point and use it as your needle too.

- Response by grinandbareit, An Engaged Guy, Male, 46-55, Other Profession

lol.. we use to use a bottle of indian ink and a sewing needle with thread...

- Response by mburgos, A Cool Mom, Female, 46-55, Philadelphia, Who Cares?

I was going to say the inmates concocted their ink from what they find in ball point pens. But jesus, those guys' tats are nasty, especially the lifers'. Do you want tattooed tears coming down your face? Tats running up your neck and onto your face? It ain't pretty.

Well, fuck if you weren't posting stuff like this when I am drink and passed out I could have helped you. I have been selling Indian ink for years for people like this at my store. I also sell the small envelopes and mail scales. All of them are used for something besides the original intent.