Women with sexy avatars or screen names, what do you hope to accomplish with these????
Jokes, Polls & Anything Else / 1:13 PM - Thursday January 06, 2011

It seems to me this is a cry for attention...The look at me...look at me...look at me sort of thing. Why do you do this if you fall into this category??????????

Update: January 06, 2011.
Some of you seem to think I was against this sort of thing....I did NOT say anything was wrong with it, but I did want to know what these woman hoped to accomplish with these av and screen names?????? Some of you seem to feel I was focusing on them with this post...COULD that imply insecurity or guilt?????????

- Asked by barbb, An Alternative Girl, Female, Who Cares?, Other Profession

Well that's not ME, so I wouldn't do it.

I know some women like to show off a bit and I guess it's OK .. it all depends on how they "act" too. Sometimes it is a bit over the top and almost phoney.

To each his/her own I suppose.

- Response by mrscleaver16, A Married Girl, Female, 56-65

I think people choose their screen names/avatars for a bunch of reasons. Sure, there are some needy, insecure women on this site (who even go as far as to try to pass off a celebrity midsection as their own) but there are also cool, confident women who, in my opinion, are just celebrating their sexy femininity (what's wrong with that?).

You're cool with me Barb but to make a point... what does your Hello Kitty avatar say about you? It COULD be interpreted as childish and unsophisticated. Point being, I think it's kind of unfair to lump all the "sexies" together in one negative category....sometimes we just like what we like and there's nothing we're trying to accomplish.

I look like a cow :(

Well Barbb,
I don't know , I just think if only they new me they would all want to have sex with me and that might be fun,,,,,.

no I am playing , I am a one man sorta woman

agreed. I always made sure I picked something that didn't come across like I was begging for attention, negative or not.

- Response by busyb704, A Thinker, Female, 46-55, Other Profession

What they are really saying is "Don't see me for who I am, see me for who I'm not!

- Response by wiserman, A Creative, Female, 46-55, Who Cares?

Seriously!!!!!!

Is that how you really feel?

So when you leave the house "trying to look sexy and BE SEXY" what is that called? Are you implying that women should not convey sexy is ANY format?

C'mon Sweetie, Why dont you show us some of your SEXY??

- Response by handsomedetroitguy, A Father Figure, Male, 36-45, Detroit, Political / Government

NOTHING....
Is sexier than Hello Kitty!!

- Response by stanorocks, A Guy Critical, Male, 36-45, Denver, Therapist

wow... did i just get slammed.....

- Response by coco, A Hippie Chick, Female, 36-45, Charlotte, Technical

Some women, by nature, need to be told that they are beautiful. They can't seem to find it within themselves to feel that way, so they put themselves out there to hear others say they are sexy.

For others, they know they are hot and like to show it off. Is it good? Bad? That's all in the eye of the beholder.

- Response by mariposa3333, A Thinker, Female, 36-45, New York, Self-Employed

<----------Don't hate me because I'm beautiful.

- Response by catscratch, A Thinker, Female, 46-55, Executive

One might feel the same way when they see excessive recipes being posted. If it is within the TOS, than it is in the eye of the proverbial beholder.

There are those who may feel the same way about my *people* posts too, but than again, who really cares if we are having a good time and it isn't doing any harm.

- Response by buffer, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 56-65, Los Angeles, Retired

Far worse are the posters who DESPERATELY try to appear clever and witty yet do the opposite. "Two" of the older guys come to mind. "Jesus" this bugs me.

- Response by tenspro35, A Career Man, Male, 46-55

See now I think my avatar is HOT! I don't think it's over the top or screams look at me, but there is definitely something hot about it which is why I picked it. A little bit of country, a little bit patriotic and sex appeal all rolled into one.

I like looking barb :)

My name isn't sexy...I just like pinknblu. No-joke.

It's attention, maybe. Then again I never thought of it!! Oh, leave it to Barbb, who is truly a "thinker"....to. :)

- Response by pinknblu, A Thinker, Female, 36-45, Who Cares?

I don't think it should matter why anyone posts what they post with their pictures. It's about them not anyone else. To each their own. What is sexy to one may not be to another. It's all good.

No recipes for that...

- Response by wendyshoefitz123, A Player, Female, Who Cares?

I like them a lot more than the guys who post the phony pics of their six packs.

Well I guess I don't have to worry about that. Quite a few people have told me my pic, looks like that evil little girl from that movie, The Ring lol. Not too sexy :p

- Response by proudmom88, An Alternative Girl, Female, 26-28, Atlanta

Cant u see me lying on beach in the sand dunes in my G string Barb.? . Or will I out my Strawberry pic back up ..
True some ppl do put there bits right out there to be picked at and on and hoping for attention.. hey this is the Internet and well it seems anything goes and shows in here toooo.. LMAO

I'm guessing most of these women are not even using their own photos, but rather a way to get attention and lure men from this site into contacting them: for whatever they want. Sex, money, whatever. I have seen in my brief month here, several comments on how this is a supposed dating site. So some believe that, even when told by others that it wasn't.

- Response by mycyclehusband, A Life of the Party, Female, Who Cares?

I chose the pictures to go with my persona, myrtletyrtle. You know, slow, thick-shelled, good dancer.

- Response by myrtletyrtle, A Creative, Female, 46-55, Who Cares?

It's the men who post pictures of beautiful women that gets me!!

BTW. Not being superficial and attention seeking but you have to agree that I've got the Sexiest Ape picture on AO. Hahahahahahahahahahaha! !!

- Response by hands, A Creative, Male, 46-55, Hong Kong, Who Cares?

And your avatar is different? Its not sexy, but still screams "attention seeker". Many people have different reasons. One would be, perhaps, for poor self-esteem. While others might use them because they're full of themselves. Can't judge a book by its cover now. That's pointless. :)

- Response by A Married Girl, Female, 29-35, Student

Hi..i was wanted if you are in in the same situation ..what is you next option?????

- Response by kalplik, A Guy Critical, Male, 56-65