Why do men make women wait!?
Dating / 9:38 PM - Wednesday January 05, 2011

Why do men make women wait!?

I don't get this....men always take their time to text a woman or call or return a message or whatever. WHY!? To test them out? To see how secure they are? I met a man who has made strong moves on me and showed interests in me. I showed him interests and waiting for him to make his move. It is like cat and mouse game...the beginning of things.
What is this??

- Asked by allyirls, A Trendsetter, Female, 29-35, New York, Fashion

There can be lots of reasons, from being busy to simply not wanting to chat.

Overall, regardless of what women think, there is no conscious or calculated reason for doing this. Men are simply NOT share, talk, listen oriented and so unless he has something specifically to say, we don't call just to "bond" with you because talking really has almost no bonding effect for a man.

Most of the time, talking or getting in touch with a woman is something we have to take a deep breath for and psyche ourselves up to do. This is especially true in the beginning and also because many women freak out if we talk on the phone for less than an hour so again, this can prevent a man from wanting to talk much or at all.

Another major reason a man will wait is to let you know that he is not going to be controlled BY a woman or jump because she is expecting a call back. Men GREATLY resist any hint or indication of being controlled, which is why men can't STAND a woman that attempts to nag a man into doing what she wants, when she wants it.. it simply does not and will not work.

He also doesn't want to appear desperate so he'll often wait when returning a call, text or email.

Men don't count life in nano seconds between emails,phone calls or p.m's....they just aren't sittin' around freaakin' about such sh*t. They live their lives, and communicate when they feel the need...nothing more nothing less.

- Response by lady4u, A Married Girl, Female, 56-65, Cincinnati, Who Cares?

Oh honey, I wish I knew that answer too. I think it is a control thing, to make a woman wait for them to be a man about it.

- Response by debski, A Career Woman, Female, 36-45, Detroit, Science / Engineering

It's your choice to wait or not. They aren't making you do that...you are choosing to do that. I don't wait around for that. I make plans and they can catch me on the fly or not...it really doesn't matter to me. I ain't sitting around burning daylight waiting on anyone.

- Response by joybird, A Career Man, Male, Who Cares?, Who Cares?

Easy Luke. Maybe he's busy with life. You sound too anxious.

Well, I would hardly take anything I say about anything emotionally based as normal (real monument of humility, huh?)
But, I remember way back when, that I lkied spending some time, when I wasn't focused on something at the time...daydreaming about what a relationship would be like with her...I guess to see if it seemed likely, or not.
But like I said, I'm a little out there about relationships....my undergrad's in performing arts, so I have an artist's perspective on romance....like being in a corny musical.....hahaha..... plus, when you spend your whole adult life singing a rep of about 1/2 love type songs, ya get issues with wanting larger than life magnetism between each person.

- Response by epiphanomaly, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 56-65, Philadelphia, Self-Employed

He, like every other man, is subconsciously telling you that it's OK if when he texts, "see you at 8" you don't turn up until 9. And that's if you REALLY like him.
You have a few weeks of him making you wait. Let him enjoy it. You'll make him wait far longer.

- Response by 1jealousguy, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 56-65, London, Artist / Musician / Writer

I think Boxer is right. he's busy with other girls. uh oh.

- Response by girlpower08, A Sportif, Female, 36-45

Based on 99% of your presios posts, you seemed to have all men wrapped around your fingers.

- Response by buffer, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 56-65, Los Angeles, Retired

It's a two way street, women make men wait too. You may never know what is going on unless you ask, or you just need to be patent. I think that in most relationships there is always one who is more interested in the other than vise-versa.

- Response by stupidgdlkg, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 36-45, Edmonton, Technical

He's BUSY!!!