DON'T BE TOO AVAILABLE.... shake his confidence! a little???
Sex & Intimacy / 2:40 PM - Wednesday January 05, 2011

Ok peeps, so yeah I get it when dating you're not supposed to be TOO available! We've been dating since October which is fine... I guess it's a good sign he didn't flee during the holidays.. stuck around during Christmas and spent a quiet New Years with him... neither one of us have met the family which is fine with me... I like the pace we're moving at but JUST CURIOUS if I'm the good for now girl or if he has serious intentions.. so now I would like to be a bit elusive and see if that shakes his confidence a little.... MY QUESTION is how will I know if my being not too available is working????? is there a certain amount of time in which I will just know that I am now more desirable in his eyes??? YEAH I KNOW GAME PLAYING SUCKS BUT AS LONG AS YOU ARE SUBTLE about it... THANKS I need responses please!

Nah, I never advise game playing. I'd just go with the flow for now and enjoy yourself...Time will tell

- Response by youngfuddyduddy, A Married Girl, Female, 36-45, New York, Who Cares?

I usually pinkie swear them within two months.

Just have the talk and pinkie swear to be sexually exclusive and not socialize with others whom with we have swapped bodily fluids in the past.

(sorry. That's an ugly sentance.)

Voila,sisd boom bah,problem solved.

The purpose you talk about is not to seem slutty, right? well it seems if he has hung around this long, and stayed with you over the holidays, he is with you for all the right reasons. Woman, get busy with this man, he is a keeper.

- Response by humpdaddy, A Jock, Male, 46-55, Columbus, Other Profession

You are too old to be playing games teenages play when dating. If you act like you don't have time for him he will just move on to another woman and you will be on here in 4 weeks complaining that he cheated on you when in fact you ignored him and he moved on to a woman who showed interest. How would you feel if you found out that the guy you were dating made up a fake life just to play games with you. That is what you are doing...making up things to act like you don't have time for him...Like I said quit acting like a teenager or you will end up complaining that he isn't around anymore in a couple of weeks.

Game playing is why people end up confused, used, and sitting at home alone. Be honest with a man and be fun to be with. You should know this by now. Rosey

Y'know some people can tell when you're lying and some people can't. But the people who can't still have an issue. They get weirded out by people who lie. It's an instinct that is born in all of us. We can all naturally read body language and judge tone of voice and although we may not be able to pick out a lie, we still know something is wrong.

So what are you trying to achieve here? Make him think you don't like him as much as he thinks so he will try harder? Make him think you are a busy woman who has other guys pursuing her? Or just make him think you are so busy you don't really have time for a serious relationship. After 3 months is when you start showing more commitment, not less. I can't tell you when being too available is working. I can only tell you when it's not. Usually it's about the time he starts thinking that it's too much work to try and hang out with you.

- Response by 7zebras, A Career Man, Male, 36-45, New York, Financial / Banking

You go ahead and Play your games....... Any time I notice a change in behavior....IM DONE!! Games suck