Two people are fighting and their stories don't match up AT ALL.
Jokes, Polls & Anything Else / 11:33 AM - Thursday December 30, 2010

Usually I can absorb both sides of a story, and find the truth lies somewhere in the middle.

But when the two sides do not add up AT ALL, then someone is outright LYING THEIR ASS OFF.

Why would someone lie, knowing the truth will be revealed to everyone in due time?

- Asked by marka, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 36-45

Liars convince themselves first and foremost that their story is true. They are so caught up in their own lies that they do not consider the consequences and they probably won't have the decency to feel bad even when they are found out. They are so hell bent on punishing the other person, they forget that they should stick to the facts and only the facts.

- Response by maryea, A Thinker, Female, 56-65, New York, Retired

Some people are just smooth talkers and they can lie their way out of anything, even after they are caught.

Some people just lie to get what they want and then move on to their next victims.

- Response by A Creative, Female, 36-45, Who Cares?

Because sometimes thats all people know how to do is lie. They lie so much that they actually start to beleive it.
Its sort of like a girl I used to work with. She would tell me something about someone and I would have to do some research and then I find out she is lying through her teeth!! She knows I'm going to find out the truth, but yet she insists upon lying.

I think they figure that if they lie to you to cover up the story, that eventually you will just forget and no one will be any wiser. Its extremely annoying and I honestly can't stand to be around people who lie or even tell stupid little lies about everyday stuff to make their lives seem so interesting. Its really frustrating not knowing whether or not you can actually beleive anything that comes out of their mouth! Hopefully you figure out the truth and then confront that person about it.

- Response by A Thinker, Female, 26-28, Administrative

It is called the Seed of Doubt.
If a person insists that their info is correct, and no one can prove them wrong, then the information is then deemed acurate. These kinds of people are usually very self unaware and live in la la land.

- Response by rlparker, A Creative, Female, 29-35, Halifax, Celebrity

LOL - have you been watching the Steve Wilko show?

- Response by catscratch, A Thinker, Female, 46-55, Executive