How many girls hate this word?
Sex & Intimacy / 12:40 PM - Sunday December 26, 2010

How many girls hate this word?

MOIST. I have heard so many girls who say they hate the word moist, but I still can't figure out why, and none can explain it to me. I swear, the only word I can think of that women hate more is c*nt. I kind of understand that one, but I just don't get the hatred for the word moist. Also, do any guys have an aversion to it like girls do?

ok, for everyone who apparently thinks i'm just making this up, check this http://www.good.is/post /why-do-we-hate-the-wor d-moist/

- Asked by brando1002, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 29-35, Chicago, Internet / New Media

gee, brando... you are hangin' with a sad posse of women! is this a local chicago issue? did you read this somewhere in cosmo, or what?

i don't know a single woman who has ever winced at hearing or saying the word "moist". of course, they also use words like "squirt", "gush", "geyser", "soaked", "spewed", "spunked",and "shit on". okay,... wait... i DO know one woman who won't ever say the word, "anchovie", but she's pretty whack anyway.

most of the guys i know use all those words, including "anchovie", but a lot of them would never use the words "priest", "bishop", "pope", "dodechahedron" and "I.R.S. audit".

yeh... i, personally, cringe at the word "attorney". they are all cunts, as far as i'm concerned.

*Shrugs* the word doesn't bother me.

- Response by 1junebug, A Cool Mom, Female, 36-45

Hahahaha.....I think any chick who gets offended by someone describing the moisture content of a cake by using the word moist, is throwing up a real red flag here.
Personally, not to politically incorrect, but I think it sounds a little gay for a guy to say it...."Oh goodness! This so MOIST!!!!!!!! EWWWW!
Let's see....."the crotch of my panties is moist"....naw....I like "the crotch of my panties is soaking wet" see how much hotter? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHA

- Response by epiphanomaly, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 56-65, Philadelphia, Self-Employed

I have no clue...it doesn't bother me.

- Response by kaffroake, A Creative, Female, 29-35

Moist? Huh?

Doesn't bother me a bit, and I don't understand why it would bother anyone else, either.

Maybe they are thinking of a Gaines burger.

- Response by buffer, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 56-65, Los Angeles, Retired

I've been called worst.............. :/

- Response by lady4u, A Married Girl, Female, 56-65, Cincinnati, Who Cares?

If all the "so many girls" are of your acquaintance, perhaps it is the manner with which YOU are using it?! If the word "moist" is used to describe something like a turkey, cake or the laundry in the dryer, why would any female / male take offense? However, if you are using the word "moist" when referring to some sort of intimacy, and the female / male is not a sexual partner of yours, well ... just don't use that word ("moist")! Simple, eh?? :)

- Response by familygal, A Thinker, Female, Who Cares?, Body Work

A girl I used to know said she hated it because it "sounded more like cat food than hot to trot."

- Response by buffalothighs88, A Hippie Chick, Female, 56-65, Other Profession