What are signs a shy male coworker is interested?
Dating / 11:53 PM - Saturday December 25, 2010

what are signs a shy male coworker is interested?

we have locked eyes in some ocasions but other than that we are the only two people who don't talk to each other at work, he talks to everyone else but me i talk to everyone else but him...perhaps he hids it well or is not interested? anyone ever had a similar situation?

- Asked by A Thinker, Female, 29-35, Other Profession

Well, since you are acting exactly like him, why don't YOU answer your own question? Are you too, a very shy coworker? Are you hiding it well, and just not interested in him?

If something doesn't give, nothing will ever happen here.

I have a coworker whom I'm very good friend with. We lock eyes, he wants to be around me all the time, he makes up excuses to help me with whatever I'm doing, he texts me after work, we chat on facebook, he "bumps" into me all the time, and when I jokingly say "get out of my way", he'd do it again and say "oh sorry, am I in your way again?"...everyone at work notice all of the above and one of my friends asked me if something happened between us? YET, I'm still not sure if he's just playing at work or he means real business! because he never told me straight up that he likes me and he's never asked me out on a date or anything, so I'm still not sure. Granted he's 4 years younger than I am and we don't practice the same religion...oy!
So, to answer your question...I think there is a lot of "chemistry" or attraction between you two, but it takes a looooong time for you to find out how he really feels judging by the pace your relationship is going. Good luck and enjoy the experience, because having that attention on you at work makes work fun and makes you look forward to it!

- Response by becomingjane, A Thinker, Female, 29-35

Maybe he senses that you like him for reasons other than business, and he knows to stay awy from you.

If he is a manager with anyposition, he is doing the correct thing. Don;t be screwing up a good job by attempting to fish off the company pier.

- Response by buffer, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 56-65, Los Angeles, Retired

Why don't you stop looking for signs, and start SHOWING signs-- to him?

There is nothing worse than starting some nonsense at work.... everybody baits him and you for info about each other..and pretty soon....everyone is in on the details of when,how and why......
Omg.... and if *it* doesn't work out everyone takes side...
Stab me in the eye with a fork already....

That is why he is avoiding you....

- Response by lady4u, A Married Girl, Female, 56-65, Cincinnati, Who Cares?