I feel like my bf got me an unthoughtful gift for christmas. Should I have not said anything?
Dating / 9:27 AM - Saturday December 25, 2010

Bf of 2 years waited until the last minute to get me a gift. He ended up buying tix to a hockey game on Dec 23rd for the same night. We had just gone to a game earlier in the week b/c my father has season tix and we can basically get any game we want. He didn't give me a card with them. We went and had fun but I feel like it's an unthoughtful gift.. I told him my Mom can help him pick me out something next year that's thoughful and inexpensive.. and he got defensive. I ended up hurting his feelings and wish I never said anything. He basically said I sound spoiled, when I am the exact opposite of that. Was I wrong to say anything and how do I handle this in the future? I feel like he wanted to go to the game and wasn't thinking about me.

Go read Desota's post a few posts down.

Christmas is not about complaining about presents. You've totally missed the point.

"Be safe, be happy, be thankful."

You don't know you've been born.

Wow, what an insensitive bastard. He knows damn well that he wanted to go to this game. I would give him the ultimate gift for Christmas, loneliness. Reverse it, and take him to a tupperware party, see if his feelings get hurt. At any rate, stand your ground and be honest with him regarding how he made you feel hurt. Merry Christmas

- Response by masterbody1, A Guy Critical, Male, 46-55

He didn't buy you a gift. That was something to make himself feel good. The way you handle it in the future is to do the same thing back to him. What's fair is fair.

- Response by guitarplayer2010, A Creative, Male, 36-45, Artist / Musician / Writer

He's just trying to make you feel guilty because he knows he screwed up on this.

Not much you really can do about it. You can't force someone to be thoughtful. Hopefully, he'll face it that he needs to try harder next time.

As long as he treats you well otherwise, I wouldn't say anything more about it. Some people just aren't good about getting gifts ... but in the long run, it's better to have a good relationship than a good "gift".

Hello Merry Christmas!

This is who he is...just like men who watch football or baseball...wrestlinh or boxing...

If you want to be with him and spend time with him and espciaally really do love him..then you will go....

He was thoughtful enough to buy you a ticket....

You would be a hockey wife instead of a football widow....

- Response by pleasant, A Thinker, Female, 66 or older, Other Profession