Do you have a passive death wish?
Diet & Health / 6:13 PM - Monday December 20, 2010

Do you have a passive death wish?

For example, do you ever wish you would die, but you don't want to commit suicide? Do you ever hope that you die instead of having to face something that you know is looming in the near future? Have you ever stopped eating or taking medications in an attempt to eventually but sooner rather than later end your life? Do you sometimes wish that you would die so that you wouldn't have to endure such a hard life?

- Asked by A Thinker, Female, 36-45, Baltimore, Fashion

Ya know I never really had that thought until recently when all my medical problems started happening. Sometimes when I lay in bed in pain I often think maybe it would be easier if I died, but I know I couldn't commit suicide, and when I think of not being able to see my nephew grow up, I think I can muster through. But there are many days where I wonder what it would be like to wake up and feel good... but sometimes people are dealt different cards so when I get down I often think about those who are worse off then myself.

- Response by A Thinker, Female, 26-28, Administrative

I'm not a quitter, so NO. I think that the only thing worse than going through what I am is to think of the fact that I can't crawl up from the bottom...I can make my life better because I choose to!...I may go to heaven, but then I would have to face God and tell him why I wasted the gift he gave me...Life is a gift...There once was a man who died...When he got to heaven St Peter asked him and those with him in line to show him their quilts...They unfurled them, so many were beautiful and had perfect squares....The man,s had holes everywhere and he was so ashamed...Hold them up St Peter commanded. And as they did so, the beautiful quilts showed their colors and squares and stayed that way, but the man's whose quilt was full of holes, showed the face of the Lord and the brilliant light shone through it..."You" Saint Peter said " have truly loved the Lord. You have triumphed through each trial...every hole is where you have sought the Lord and asked for his strength! You are truly blessed!" I really hope I have a quilt like that...

- Response by morista, A Creative, Female, 46-55, Managerial