I had a one night stand with a girl I like and now she doesn't even text me. Is it me, or her?
Sex & Intimacy / 1:33 AM - Monday December 20, 2010

We had hung out a few times before and everything seemed awesome. We talked, texted, and even shared private personal information with each other. I felt a certain connection with her and thought the feeling was mutual. One night after a party she offered for me to spend the night with her, and of course I accepted. Once we arrived at her house very little time elapsed before we started having sex. It was very heavy and according to her screaming I was doing a good job. Except after 20 minutes I just got too tired. She asked if I "finished" and I said "no" and that she tired me out. I also mentioned the fact that I didn't "finish" was because of the alcohol I had earlier (which was the truth). She gave a little fake laugh and rolled over. She said she doesn't "kiss and tell" and that was fine with me. In the morning I had to get up for work and I gave her a kiss on the shoulder and told her "by." There wasn't anything awkward about the exchange as I left. She even playfully texted me shortly after about a hickey I left on her neck (oops). Anyway thinking things were cool I have tried to contact her like normal and she mostly doesn't reply back and she hasn't tried to contact me at all. I haven't contacted her in a few days because I don't want to seem desperate. I'm only stressing because I felt a connection before having sex with her. Are any chances of having a relationship with this girl ruined?

- Asked by A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 26-28, Teaching

Sounds to me like she isn't really interested. Not that you did anything wrong, because anyone who's ever had a few too many to drink know that performance isn't always what you want it to be. Not to mention first times with a new person can be awkward and unfinished. I don't think she holds any bad thoughts about you, but I bet she kinda thinks.. Well.. oops. That didn't work out quite the way I thought. Now here's your option. If you want another chance with her, in the sack OR in a relationship, you need to do two different things. If you just want to give the sex a try again, then you tell her. You man up, and act like a total confidant guy, for just the 3 minutes it takes to have this conversation, and you say, "Hey that last time we hooked up felt kinda sloppy on my part, and wasn't really what I wanted to accomplish for you. Lets give it another try, minus too much alcohol." That is for getting laid again. If you want a relationship then you tell her, "That attempt we made the other night wasn't what I was going for. I want to date you, be with you socially and talk, and I want to get to first and second base and eventually I'd like to make up a few plays with you, but for now what I really want is to date you." You gotta say the word. DATE YOU. Be honest. Either you want another shot as a bed buddy, or you want a shot at a relationship. The only way to get either is to talk to her about it.

- Response by gottabecarrie, A Creative, Female, 36-45, London, Construction

You never know until you ask....ask her Try Calling...ask her if she wants to meet up somewhere...then Enjoy....oh and if she says Noooo...you have your answer

Youi must have been really bad in the sack, so much so....she might be trying to forget!!!! I wouldn't push your luck....

- Response by richard77, A Jock, Male, Who Cares?, Self-Employed

she sounds like a slut.
son, she got what she wanted and you too.
if she was really into you, she would be communicating with you.
she must have tired out for you.

If it is, as you called it, a "one night stand", does it even matter if she calls? Isn't that kind of the point?

- Response by beautifullynumb, A Married Girl, Female, 36-45