Must a guy text or call everyday as a universal sign to prove that he likes you?
Dating / 4:57 AM - Tuesday December 14, 2010

I have been dating this guy for 1 month now but I find that he doesn't text or call me everyday, but only every other day. I don't initiate contact with him as often as I did with my past dates/bfs, because they would normally be the ones contacting me throughout the day.

Is it a universal must for a guy to really like you and that the more frequently he texts proves that he does?

- Asked by A Sweet Sarah, Female, 22-25, Who Cares?

It maybe that the guy is just casually dating you. In other words, he is not that into you the way you really what it to be happening. Some people do not believe in texting crazy like that and some do not like calling everyday. There also the time you are looking for the texts is during the work time, school time, driving time(there are new laws in some states about texting while driving), and more. If you are going out on a date, that should be a signal enough to say that he does care for me or at least interested. This relationship is still new. I am sure that you two have not dedicated yourselves just to each other already. If this is still bothering you after another few weeks then just talk to him about it and get his feelings about the situation to ease your mind.

- Response by lowmy, A Career Man, Male, 46-55, Baltimore, Science / Engineering

Hi,

The answer is no. That proves nothin'.
The only way to measure how much some
one likes you, is through communication..
one on one. We are in a high tech world
now, and a lot of people take texting too
serious. Texting can be disproving at times.
In a real relationship, you want to look into
some ones eyes, see their expressions. Feel
the warmth of their touch. That is what it's
all about.

Your boyfriend is probably just being polite as
not to bug you in an early relation by calling everyday etc. And my hats off to him for that! Just go with that and respect
him too in some other ways. And if you do, he will pick up on that for sure!

Thanks for asking,

Don

- Response by don07, A Mr. Married Guy, Male, 56-65, Las Vegas, Self-Employed

If you aren't making an effort to contact him, you have no room to complain if he isn't contacting you as much as you like. This is 2010. There is no excuse for you not to make an effort. If you aren't making an effort a guy will just see you as a woman who thinks she must be catered to and that type of women men run from these days. The reason why is due to the fact you will want him to do all the work, but then say you have to do nothing since "that is the way things work." Maybe in some book, but not in the real world. Why you are playing hard to get there is some girl out there with eye on your guy. You can't blame him is some girl makes an effort and he goes with her since you seem like you could care less if he is there or not by not making an effort to contact him. Just something to think about... Guys can read "He's Just Not That In To You" also and take stuff from it. If a woman just sits back and expects a guy to do all the work, he should just move on to a girl with a higher interest level.

If there is nothing new to talk about, what is the point? Most men do not enjoy the constant telephone contact, that many women do. They just hate the phone. So, I don't think it means anything at all, how much they call or text.

I think that people need to make their own life more complete so that they are not hanging so much on every ring of a phone. That is not a healthy way to live.

The only universal truth is this: If a guy is so much into you,is thinking about you most of the time, he would want to hear your voice at least if not to see you, and thus calls you - not every other day but everyday.

- Response by donau20, A Sweet Sarah, Female, 29-35, Artist / Musician / Writer

Texting or calling every day when you have only dated a month is a sign of over doing it. I think making rules is silly and if he likes you he will take you out on dates and call you. Guys that text or call all the time are considered needy by me. Rosey

No not at all. I wouldn't judge how he feels about you by how often he does or doesn't text you. I'm sure both you and him have jobs or school or lives outside of the time you all spend together. So therefore I wouldn't gauge his interest by that. How he treats you when the two of you are together is more important.

I'm older, but I fail to see that a text is very personal. A lot of people don't much like text, e-mail, or phone calls. That doesn't mean he doesn't like you.

Most women dump a man who is trying to contact them every day.

It might be different if you're in a serious relationship, having sex, and spending time with families. Usually ONE MONTH is too early to say anything.