Why do most women want to find a man to marry?
Dating / 12:05 AM - Thursday December 09, 2010

why do most women want to find a man to marry?

there is always this pressure when you date one and she will eventually end it if marriage is not in the cards with her. why are they like that and has anyone found a way to just date?

not me I just want sex

I think women in your age range (early 50s?) don't necessarily want to get married any more. I know several women in their 50s and 60s who are like, "I've been married, done that, don't care to do that anymore" and they are perfectly happy to just have a male friend to do stuff with.

For younger women who are in their late 20s/30s/early 40s - they're more likely to want to get married. If a woman wants a family, she wants a husband to be the father of her kids, and plus there is this romantic ideal of true love and happily-ever-after that most young women dream about.

Your best bet if you just want to date - date women who are in their early 20s (who often don't want to settle down) or widows or divorcees in their 50s who are gun shy and want to keep their own space and not have a man live with them and mess it up.

- Response by curvysmartgirl, A Creative, Female, 46-55, Dallas, Artist / Musician / Writer

Can't say I'm particularly interested in getting married, ever.

I can't believe how many women seem to define themselves by that status though. To me, its not something I have seen work well and I think I would be happier as we are now, committed to each other but not legally.

- Response by silverimp, An Alternative Girl, Female, 22-25, Toronto, Veterinary

I don't know much about women wanting to find a man to marry. I dated, he had money, yet I was not in love with him. Why would I marry this person? I think it all depends on the person. I don't beleive in being with someone unless you have some kind of feelings for them. I can't see myself with someone who I have no feeling for. The end outcome will be the same, alone an most likly hating this person. I think dating without that expectation is great. I hope you don't think we are all out there just for one reason. Sure it would be nice, but if there is no chemisty then why go there, right...

- Response by brneyes3756, A Creative, Female, 46-55, Phoenix, Other Profession

Because we want our ass slapped on a regular basis silly.

I supposed its a security issues. The psychology goes like this: she found someone "right", hence she wishes she could be with him "theoretically" forever by signing a piece of paper, but at the very sight of you bailing out which means you are not ready to settle down for just "one" person, she wants to end it because... she thinks you could just walk away anytime (conveniently)... and thats why you are unwilling to just sign that paper. Its like a merry-go-round, you know.

- Response by A Creative, Female, 29-35, Auckland

I personally don't want to get married ever. I have been with my bf for almost a year now and we have a one month old son (I know kinda fast to have a kid) and I have told him I never want to get married. He is the one that wants to get married with the traditional white wedding but I have told him no.

- Response by Morgiee4, A Married Girl, Female, 22-25, Home Maker

Girlfriends and womens magazines are the #1 pressures.

- Response by newyorkjoe, A Career Man, Male, 36-45, Lawyer

DAting is just fine if there is no sex involved.... If sex is in the equation, then marriage is important. Too many risks with sex, you need the legal backing in case something goes wrong.

- Response by blossoming1, A Thinker, Female, 46-55, Seattle, Civil Service

that is dating. marriage is the only one that ends in commitment not to end. The rest are just for fun, aka dating.

I've been "just dating" my gf 8yrs now.

Actually, after my divorce, what I went looking for was a woman who wanted to love me as much and often as I would her. For me, that involves sex so somewhere after 12 years of looking I gave up on that. Instead I found a gal who didn't mind being loved/sexed on a limited basis. To make that work, first off DON'T let her move in. Mine worked nights while I work days. She has alternating weekends off with a couple in the week. I just get weekends. Works out that we can actually get together a time or two each week, "date". Up's my odds of being able to love the woman I'm with to 50% of the time we are together.

Guess if she ever pushes for marriage I'll just have to move on, do without, or find another. Drives me nuts living with a woman I'd love and have love me 24/7 when she put loving on a ration.

- Response by fluff47, A Father Figure, Male, 56-65, Self-Employed