Is it OK to have sex with your bf/gf while your kids are home?
Dating / 10:58 AM - Monday December 06, 2010

is it OK to have sex with your bf/gf while your kids are home?

This is just a theoretical question... Let's say someone is divorced and gets custody of his or her kids every other week.

My POV is that unless the person is in a committed relationship, he or she should not bring the bf/gf over while the kids are around. Why? Because kids don't need the additional emotional crap that comes with that. They don't need to know Mom or Dad is sleeping around, or potentially form bonds with someone who is not going to stick around.

Save the fooling around for the days you don't have custody of your kids - that's my POV.

What do you think? Am I being impractical or naive? I personally have never been divorced, so I've never had to deal with juggling SOs and kids.

- Asked by curvysmartgirl, A Creative, Female, 46-55, Dallas, Artist / Musician / Writer

I am of the same mindset. I have never introduced my children to a man that I was not already in a committed relationship with. They've met a total of 3 since I divorced their father 10 years ago.

Young children especially become attached to people too quickly. I see no reason to constantly bring people in and out of their lives. As you said, this is something that can wait until your children are with the other parent.

- Response by jess2481, A Life of the Party, Female, 36-45, Cincinnati, Other Profession

In my POV it's not OK to have sex with your bf/gf while your kids are home, I mean what's the point in bringing kids home for a week, this would be totally destructive act, everyone knows that kids have a very tender mind still they do understand what's going on,as I said in my earlier response , this act would be very insensitive and will have a definite adverse effect on the minds of children , after all the basic needs of children is comfort, sense of security, sense of belonging, exclusivity and above all love and caring, bringing home strangers just to have sex would demolish all the hopes of the children who came for few days with trust ,hope and expectations, alike you I too am not divorced however I fully agree with your POV

- Response by orgasmic007, A Life of the Party, Male, 46-55, New Delhi

I feel you
it's like you wouldn't have sex wth your husband when the kids are around right it just feels weird like it would have more meaning and way better if it's just you and your loved one..
as well like this is the time to spend with your kids
so why not spend it with them and learn more about them

the government can one day just go oh you can't see your child no more case closed you know?
don't need your kids with more trama now
DX

- Response by sanchidoll, A Career Woman, Female, 18-21, New York, Student

agree with you hun.
leave the sex out where the kids are if you are not married.
find a babysitter and a motel to do your thing.