Why do married men flirt with women they know are married?
Married Life / 6:06 PM - Saturday December 04, 2010

What is up with that? I think it is disrepectful do they just do this to get a reaction or is this a new trend?

I should clarify... I am NOT referring to harmless flirting...I am talking about a blatant expression of being interested in you when they are married and they know you are this just a challenge to them or what?

- Asked by clip22, A Career Woman, Female, 36-45, Executive

Usually because it is safe because nothing will ever come of a little friendly flirtation. where if the girl were single there would be a chance they could construe it as a serious flirtation and cause problems. As long as the guy doesn't intend it to go anywhere it is kind of a compliment.

- Response by morista, A Creative, Female, 46-55, Managerial

Most men (even married ones unless we have been neutered) flirt - how far we take it is another matter

- Response by lomizer, A Guy Critical, Male, 46-55, Halifax, Science / Engineering

It is an innocent form of pleasure, No harm meant D

Everybody should flirt, shamelessly and openly.

- Response by chesterdad, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 66 or older, San Francisco

New Trend?? I flirt with alll women...Married or not....Even whhen I was Married....its Harmless

Flirting is fun! And there is nothing wrong with harmless flirting. I flirt with married women because they are SAFE to flirt with, unlike single girls who might take you seriously.

- Response by hearmenow, A Guy Critical, Male, 66 or older, Other Profession

For me, it is a form of developing friendships. I like to joke with people I like. I am the type of guy that won't spend alot of time talking to someone I don't enjoy being around. Most of the flirting that goes on between married people is based on the fact that is all it is.

- Response by welbey, A Mr. Married Guy, Male, 36-45, Salt Lake City, Other Profession

If I am in a relationship it is far easier to talk with other women who are in relationships so I don't have to deal with as much grief from a girlfriend getting the wrong idea.

If I am in a relationship I don't want in your pants and if I knew how much you held men in contempt I wouldn't have been talking with you in the first place.