Help! Cable company turned my cable TV off. Can I turn it back on myself?
House & Home / 12:58 PM - Saturday December 04, 2010

I paid my past-due bill, and got my cable back this evening. Whew!

- Asked by betterbird, A Creative, Male, 46-55, San Francisco, Administrative

Is there a box of sorts outside your house? You meet me in the parking lot...come alone..bring a briefcase with unmarked fifties in it (totaling 250)...I know how to do it but can't say here. Wait until dark.

Well, technically yes. But you would have to be employed by the company. These days they do it from an office someplace, basically throw a switch. It's not like back in the day when you could just reconnect a wire outside.

- Response by shanegalang, A Rebel, Male, 66 or older, Consulting

No... Not like you used to be able to.

I guess we'll see more of you, in here
since you haven't a TV to distract you.

Shimmy up the pole in the alley and 'discover' cable - preferably your neighbors! LOL

I'd be careful with that ... if you illegally re-hook up your service that's considered theft and you could be prosecuted. That would cost you a lot more than just paying your bill like the rest of us have to.

Depends where they shut it off - at the house connection or out on the switch box near the street pole. At the house with a simple cable connection just means changing the connection ender to a male coaxial connector.

- Response by lomizer, A Guy Critical, Male, 46-55, Halifax, Science / Engineering

You could probably do it yourself by paying your bill.

- Response by pokerguy, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 29-35, Who Cares?

yes, it's called paying your bill.

- Response by headscratching, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 46-55, Science / Engineering