Thank you for your many years of support. We want to share the news with you that after much consideration, will cease operations in its present format on October 15th. We appreciate your meaningful contributions over the years.
Back to Home

Active Questions

Help! Cable company turned my cable TV off. Can I turn it back on myself?
House & Home / 12:58 PM - Saturday December 04, 2010

Help! Cable company turned my cable TV off. Can I turn it back on myself?

Update: December 05, 2010.
I paid my past-due bill, and got my cable back this evening. Whew!

- Asked by betterbird, A Creative, Male, 46-55, San Francisco, Administrative

Read more about the Rating System

Is there a box of sorts outside your house? You meet me in the parking lot...come alone..bring a briefcase with unmarked fifties in it (totaling 250)...I know how to do it but can't say here. Wait until dark.

- Response by englishrose4945, A Life of the Party, Female, 66 or older, Miami, Alternative Medicine

Rating Received:

Well, technically yes. But you would have to be employed by the company. These days they do it from an office someplace, basically throw a switch. It's not like back in the day when you could just reconnect a wire outside.

- Response by shanegalang, A Rebel, Male, 46-55, Transportation

Rating Received:

Community Rating: Community Star

No... Not like you used to be able to.

I guess we'll see more of you, in here
since you haven't a TV to distract you.

- Response by fehkarfight, A Couch Potato, Male, 56-65, Who Cares?

Rating Received:

Shimmy up the pole in the alley and 'discover' cable - preferably your neighbors! LOL

- Response by houseworkmakesyaugly, A Married Girl, Female, 36-45

Rating Received:

I'd be careful with that ... if you illegally re-hook up your service that's considered theft and you could be prosecuted. That would cost you a lot more than just paying your bill like the rest of us have to.

- Response by mrscleaver16, A Married Girl, Female, 66 or older

Rating Received:

Depends where they shut it off - at the house connection or out on the switch box near the street pole. At the house with a simple cable connection just means changing the connection ender to a male coaxial connector.

- Response by lomizer, A Guy Critical, Male, 46-55, Halifax, Science / Engineering

Rating Received:

You could probably do it yourself by paying your bill.

- Response by pokerguy, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 29-35, Who Cares?

Rating Received:

yes, it's called paying your bill.

- Response by headscratching, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 46-55, Science / Engineering

Rating Received: